State of emergency set to be extended through October

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Yet people are still speculating with these imaginary time limits and scenarios.

How does anyone know? 

It could wind up very quickly.

Australia is looking like its well on the path to an end of it all.

Do you expect places like Australia will just sit on their heels for years on end,

ruining the economy?

watching suicides go through the roof..

just for the หell of it?..

And if Covid free in the next month or so?

It seemed the Aus prime minister was snapping out of it for a moment,

but it seems he has crawled back into his box again.

maybe told to "belt it" from international power entities? 

Anyway, the doom and gloom negativity and BS on here and other places is just incredible. 

I really dont understand what people get out of it.

Yes, we have "sad sacks" in Australia who have never been on a plane, so of course they are jealous of anyone who actually has A LIFE!!

They wouldnt mind if the world is locked down for xx years.

doesnt effect them!

But even people who were actually once travellers themselves, saying no travel for 6months..1, 2 years?????

I've even read idiots on here claiming there will be no international travel for 5 years.

How anyone can come to these conclusions is beyond me.

Heres my prediction:

There will be mass rioting everywhere in the world if this BS is allowed to go on for another 3 months....

The people who crave an actual life will be out lynching these fools and cowards who want to keep everything locked down forever..

All for the sake of a slightly worse than average flu.

QUOTE:

he has crawled back into his box again.

Such as?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

They already have, by announcing their 2 week quarantine 90 day Tourist VISA scheme would run until September 2021.

Forever the optimist ..

September , 2023,  gets my two bob bet ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Yet people are still speculating with these imaginary time limits and scenarios.

How does anyone know? 

Do you expect places like Australia will just sit on their heels for years on end,

ruining the economy?

Anyway, the doom and gloom negativity and BS on here and other places is just incredible. 

Yes, we have "sad sacks" in Australia who have never been on a plane, so of course they are jealous of anyone who actually has A LIFE!!

doesnt effect them!

But even people who were actually once travellers themselves, saying no travel for 6months..1, 2 years?????

I've even read idiots on here claiming there will be no international travel for 5 years.

Heres my prediction:

There will be mass rioting everywhere in the world if this BS is allowed to go on for another 3 months....

The people who crave an actual life will be out lynching these fools and cowards who want to keep everything locked down forever..

well Plonkadee .... some of what you said appears correct but the further you went on the worse it got ....     I think you should lay off that Lao kaow for a few days ... lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pookondee said:

How does anyone know? 

ruining the economy?

doesnt effect them!

Heres my prediction:

Yippee ! The world  will become  a clone of  the USA !????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The UK where they just announced pubs must close by 10pm?

And all gatherings of more than 6 totally banned.

I'd say that indicated getting worse, not getting better.

You do make a point. 

I was simply illustrating that some countries appear to be loosening some restrictions, but it's premature to state whether it will remain this way because we've already seen reversals or more restrictions happen numerous times. Countries across Europe mostly opened up around June and July but several have now closed or partially closed up again, while others have introduced quarantines for the first time, including 14-day self quarantines for arrivals from certain countries into the UK.

It's a constantly evolving situation and I think it's far too early to say what things will look like in a few months, or even whether we are currently on a gradual re-opening trajectory or not. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What part of Thailand's extended SoE has created the biggest personal problem for the noisome farang squatters herein?

What exactly is the problem that has become so unbearable for others here?

For me, I can still go shopping, buy food, run my kids to school, dine out, drink beer with my mates, go to beach or a National Park, stay in a hotel, access unlimited high-speed internet and enjoy uncensored social media video chat with family and friends back home, bring money into the country, buy a condo, order stuff online, etc., etc..

Yes nearly everything that one could enjoy pre covid can be done now too. The lockdowns almost seem like a distant memory. What however still irks me personally, are the mask requirements to enter certain establishments, that being said even here they're not particularly strict anymore. Still, I'd prefer it if all this would just be over already. 

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

How does anyone know? 

ruining the economy?

doesnt effect them!

Heres my prediction:

Well said. I can see this lasting another 3 months (Malaysia already made it clear no tourist entries until after Dec 31, 2020) but 6 months or more might be a stretch.

I give it around 6 months before it starts fizzling out. After all, all pandemics eventually end, don't they? Certainly SARS did, as West Nile, and so did swine flu and ebola. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Oddly enough I hear France is about to lock up tight again.

Who gives a poop about Belgium?

I do. They have a great beer festival in Brussels ????

Sadly it was cancelled this year ....

Ohh well next year maybe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE:

he has crawled back into his box again.

Such as?

Who knows.

Just strange he is on the media 1 week ago, talking about the importance of opening up shop and getting economies going..

since then hes dissapeared without another word about it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonclark said:

Project fear in full swing it seems. The virus is out of control..it's an emergency...but, but we have not had any real outbreak for over 100 days?? But other countries have.. 

Haven't you answered your own question....no outbreak in over 100 days yet other countries not taking the same measures as Thailand have....

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, mr mr said:

this is going to get so messy. who made these decisions in the first place to get our world into this absolute cluster f. 

let it rip already for the sake of humanity. we cannot take much more of this. the dire consequences being ignored are staggering to say the least. 

image.jpeg.fbd2b548076d104af211d341abdaa812.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I give it around 6 months before it starts fizzling out. After all, all pandemics eventually end, don't they? Certainly SARS did, as West Nile, and so did swine flu and ebola. 

C19 ended a few months ago but the panic is as strong as ever. UK is the best example. Cases way up and deaths way down. Maybe going into more lockdown now. What is this even about anymore and when does it end?

• Thanks 1