State of emergency set to be extended through October

snoop1130

On the way to the north Korean example. 

Hijacking people in and outside the country.  In the meantime the government is just the puppet from the one who emigrated to Germany who wants to take it all from the people. And he suck them by giving a bag of rice and a can of fish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Do you really want to travel to a country imposing those kinds of restrictions?

Thread is about 'state of emergency' ........

I can live in a country with closed borders, but I don't want to travel anywhere with punitive restrictions on living my life.

What other options does Thailand have except restrictions, now that foreign countries can't get the pandemic under control? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I agree with BritManToo.

The new long term visa scheme is intended as a money generator for those operating the quarantine, testing and resort facilities. They will have used a significant amount of "influence" to set it up, and have even created a company to process applications. You can be sure that in the agreement negotiated, it will be  understood that no other schemes will be available for at least a year. They will be looking at a return on their investment. In the (unlikely) event that it is profitable to them it may be extended and have capacity increased. 

What it has done has transferred control of, and any economic benefits from, the Tourist Industry to a few people, who have the ear of the government - the"good people".

They have closed the door to the sort of "uncontrolled" tourism which existed before.

I'm not a tourist, I live here in Thailand. And I don't give a damn about Western feelings. Like they never gave a damn in the West about my feelings. 

And sure, health costs money. Didn't you know that? 

Edited by micmichd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You should have been living I australia. Have a friend living there, and you can call that serious lock down compare to here. I have really not felt any difference from here where I living, compare to other places in the world, so I really do not understand what you guys complain about, if you do not have tourist related business here, or work that have been impacted by the virus. Sun is shining, and for now you can have your favorite beer any time you want. 

Exactly, the great thing is, we can pretty much continue with our lives as normal as things stand.
if Thailand suddenly opened it's borders, then there would be a sudden spike in covid numbers which would then mean reverting back to square one again with more curfews and bans. No thanks! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It's not about Western feelings, it is about reordering every aspect of this society, to transfer power, opportunity, control, and consolidate wealth, in the hands of a very few people at the top. It's C21 feudalism. 

It has long been on the agenda, the Covid 19 pandemic has provided them with the means to do that. Not a conspiracy, but an unexpected serendipitous opportunity which has been enthusiastically seized. 

It's not about Western feelings, it's not about the feelings of those of us who live here, were outside the loop, merely observers. It is an internal process.

Personally I don't think it will work, and I think that the wheels will come off fairly soon.

Who knows? Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Do you really want to travel to a country imposing those kinds of restrictions?

Thread is about 'state of emergency' ........

I can live in a country with closed borders, but I don't want to travel anywhere with punitive restrictions on living my life.

You are wasting your breath, or finger power, the majority on here are not interested in prevention, just their own interests. Further restrictions would be of little consequence, as far as they are concerned, that would be for other people and self delusion makes them immune to the infection.

Thailand survived tYouhe Asian financial crisis and the tsunami but keyboard experts tend to suffer from selective memory loss. Only the mentally challenged would knowingly open the door to a covid tsunami. Much easier to deal with a high tide than 30 foot waves.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, micmichd said:

What other options does Thailand have except restrictions, now that foreign countries can't get the pandemic under control? 

Put all the old people at risk from dying into sealed homes (voluntary basis in large hotels free of charge), test everyone for COVID every 3 days, not allow different floors to mix, not allow staff to service different floors, all staff tested every day (maybe have live-in staff). No contact with the outside world.

Operate the rest of the country as normal.

Then the country would still be making money and be seen as the most forward looking and caring country in the world. And no old people (that participated) would be dying.

Surprised no countries have done this, but I guess they don't actually care about their old people dying but would rather use the disease as an excuse for total control and domination of their people.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, CGW said:

The "controla virus" agenda looks like it will be dragging on for a while yet. ???? ????

Obviously the statistics just released by CDC mean nothing (apart from close to a 100% survival rate!) Taken from report:-

for different age groups, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

image.png.6bcb82e8e3f3495ec5bd9134d050c351.png

Maybe people might consider these extensions no longer are justified and that there is another Agenda

Highlighting the coordinated attack on Anglo Saxon nations for the new green deal , climate change ..UN Agenda

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

But does that alone require a state of emergency?

UK is under Covid-19 Control Measures, effectively the same thing with a different name.

In Thailand it is about maintaining centralised regulation, in the UK there are 4 nations with different regulations causing confusion, imagine the situation if all of the 77 provinces did things their own way.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely correct. And it is about protecting the wealthy, those that are connected, those that are in power, the entire toxic army, and the corrupt cops, customs and immigration officers. The Thai army. A hugely regressive entity moving the nation backwards. 

And all this affects YOU how exactly?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And all this affects YOU how exactly?

It affects every Thai, and every ex-pat. It lowers the quality of life for everyone here. It is regressive, and prevents the nation from moving forward. Competency is a beautiful thing to witness. When is the last time you have seen that from this administration. I do admit they did well with their response to Covid. Other than that?

• Like 2

According to the newspapers Media ect most Thai people would prefer

Keeping tourists / Foreigners out for longer

The internal tourist market with their 4 day holidays seem to keep a few people content  including  the hotels restaurants that are open in Pattaya Hau Hin and other Resorts