60 day extension - retirement extension

Hi,
I am currently on a retirement visa extension which expires mid October issued at Chonburi.
Due to covid I have had problems getting funds here in time for the required "seasoning".
My question is, I am planning on going to Chaeng Wattana (my residential area) to apply for a 60 day extension.
Does anyone have any experience of this, ie will it be accepted?
All constructive comments would be very welcome. 
Thanks in advance.

Many thanks for the good news.

I am married and have proof of Address.

Is it best to go a few days before it expires? Ie does the 60 days take effect from the date of application or the current extension expiry date?

Thanks again.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It starts at end of your current extension. You can apply for it a couple of weeks early.

You should apply for it a couple of weeks early or a couple of days at the very lest. They may make you return with more paperwork. 

I was there at Chang today to use my remaining 60 day extension on my Non-O Multi. Not a single happy face in there today. The immigration officers were really being tight asses and nit picking every single thing they could find. After sitting around for over 8 hours today they said I would need to come back tomorrow with updated pictures (the one I used was three months old and used on my last application, never been an issue before). 

Needless to say I spoke with multiple people who were in a similar position who had to return the next day. Very unfriendly vibes at immigration today. I've also noticed they've added three extra pages to the applications that add an extra hour or two to the process.

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Does this 60 day extension apply for other visas too that is not related to Thai wife or child?

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for it with any type of extension or visa entry.

You can even do it with a visa exempt entry as well. The only requirement is that you are married to or the parent of a Thai.

11 hours ago, woogoo said:

You should apply for it a couple of weeks early or a couple of days at the very lest. They may make you return with more paperwork. 

I was there at Chang today to use my remaining 60 day extension on my Non-O Multi. Not a single happy face in there today. The immigration officers were really being tight asses and nit picking every single thing they could find. After sitting around for over 8 hours today they said I would need to come back tomorrow with updated pictures (the one I used was three months old and used on my last application, never been an issue before). 

Needless to say I spoke with multiple people who were in a similar position who had to return the next day. Very unfriendly vibes at immigration today. I've also noticed they've added three extra pages to the applications that add an extra hour or two to the process.

" back tomorrow with updated pictures (the one I used was three months old and used on my last application, never been an issue before)."

Maybe you should try to look like you did in your old pictures. Just saying. I have used same pics for 3 years now, my last one out of 4 will probably work next year as well. 

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

" back tomorrow with updated pictures (the one I used was three months old and used on my last application, never been an issue before)."

Maybe you should try to look like you did in your old pictures. Just saying. I have used same pics for 3 years now, my last one out of 4 will probably work next year as well. 

I looked exactly as I did in the picture, even had on the same shirt coincidently enough. We were having problems as she didn't want to accept our marriage certification. We lost the original copy a few years ago and had to get a document from the Amphur. They've accepted that document for the past few years with no problem but this time had a bug up their ass. The official went to get our old paperwork to try to show us that we've never used the document before  (egg on their face as all of the paperwork from the past three extensions they granted was exactly the same as this one and it was her signature signing off on all of them). After losing face she started picking through everything to try and find ways to make me have to return the next day. It's the same woman who always acts like <deleted> everytime we're there who does the second checks for marriage extensions.

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

What new form are you referring to?

It's probably not a new form just one of those additial pieces of paperwork that sometims they make you do and sometimes not. After the second round of checks they gave us extra paperwork outlining potential fines for overstay and making you sign a couple of times. Then there was a form I'd never seen before which made my wife sign her reasons for wanting me to stay and that she approved.

I'm heading back to the states in November. Six months of not having to deal with immigration was nice but made going back this time much worse. I've reached my limit for how many hoops I'm willing to jump through and extra <deleted> I'm willing to take just to have the right to stay temporarily with my family. Getting my wife her PR there is certainly more paperwork but at least it's one and done without 90 day checks or any extra nonsense.