If I have a letter from the embassy but cannot get an extension because of overcrowding at immigration, will I be arrested?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they should go arrest those at your embassy..

MTT has been super efficient. I reckoned they did 400 extensions by 2PM today going by the numbers collecting passports at around 1:30PM today. If your paperwork is all in order, your extension can be

I find it kind of ridicoulous that so many people really waited untill the very last day . I kind of understand that people waited to see if the amnesty would be extended , but to me there was no news

You could also consider going to a quieter immigration office in a nearby province such as Chachoengsao, Saraburi, Samut Sakhon etc. rather than any of the ones in greater Bangkok. I doubt the smaller ones require an appointment (though you should check their websites to be sure) but be quick! Preferably go tomorrow, although many offices appear to be open on Saturday too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
33 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

You could also consider going to a quieter immigration office in a nearby province such as Chachoengsao, Saraburi, Samut Sakhon etc. rather than any of the ones in greater Bangkok. I doubt the smaller ones require an appointment (though you should check their websites to be sure) but be quick! Preferably go tomorrow, although many offices appear to be open on Saturday too. 

If open on Saturday the 26th Can this be verified please at which locations 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

If you have the embassy letter why not go to immigration in BKK and apply for the extension? You have 2 days left. 

What do you think he's trying to do?

Also you now need an appointment to get this done and all slots are filled this week.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

MTT?

Muang Thong Thani in Bangkok, the new temporary Immigration Office for short stay extensions and Chaeng Wattana overflow.