If I have a letter from the embassy but cannot get an extension because of overcrowding at immigration, will I be arrested?

10 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I find it kind of ridicoulous that so many people really waited untill the very last day . I kind of understand that people waited to see if the amnesty would be extended , but to me there was no news on that last weeks teusday it was kind of time to get started . Even if it would have been extended after that and people would have arranged a visa of any kind to stay longer you would have been done and didn't have any stress . Now people worry about getting arrested or worry about lines being to long and don't have the oppertunity to get an appointment . The past few weeks many immigration offices where quiet and there was enough chance to do everything that had to be done .there where enough warnings by immigration to get your ???? in order so i kind of cannot feel sorry for people that havn't done so by now . 

I think some who are not affected are posting here to get attention. Other's are lost causes and need to go back where the nanny state will provide everything. Those who were responsible, like you, took care and move on. Showing sympathy is only delaying the outcome. 

Bad thing that can't be predicted happen and deserve our help. This isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

Went to Jomtien this morning to hopefully get my one month stamp for marriage visa made up to one year. I thought that because of the processing of visas at Chaiyapruek indoor stadium all would run smoothly. On arrival, I and several others weren't even allowed through the main doors, had to wait outside in the sun for ten minutes. Inside was a shambles that I hadn't seen in quite a while. 

On presenting my passport at counter 6, the dragon lady looked at me as though I'd just crapped in her handbag and told me to come back Tuesday afternoon. Don't know if it was because they were busy or that the confirmation hadn't arrived from Bangkok. You'd think in this day and age that they'd either phone or email to inform you of this to save you a trip.

Between tomorrow and Tuesday afternoon (hopefully), I too will no longer have a valid visa. I also wonder that if the dragon lady isn't there on Tuesday to back me up, will I have problems. You never know with this lot.

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Don't know if it was because they were busy or that the confirmation hadn't arrived from Bangkok.

Your under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved.

You have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Went to Jomtien this morning to hopefully get my one month stamp for marriage visa made up to one year. I thought that because of the processing of visas at Chaiyapruek indoor stadium all would run smoothly. On arrival, I and several others weren't even allowed through the main doors, had to wait outside in the sun for ten minutes. Inside was a shambles that I hadn't seen in quite a while. 

On presenting my passport at counter 6, the dragon lady looked at me as though I'd just crapped in her handbag and told me to come back Tuesday afternoon. Don't know if it was because they were busy or that the confirmation hadn't arrived from Bangkok. You'd think in this day and age that they'd either phone or email to inform you of this to save you a trip.

Between tomorrow and Tuesday afternoon (hopefully), I too will no longer have a valid visa. I also wonder that if the dragon lady isn't there on Tuesday to back me up, will I have problems. You never know with this lot.

It was funny. They had signs on the seat for social distancing but they came around and told everyone off for standing. Yes she was a complete horror.  I am pretty sure she last smiled in 1984. 

• Haha 2