Latest news item says all visitors to Thailand will need insurance cover, can someone confirm then if you are currently on a non o 12 mth retirement extension and returning to Thailand when able, will you now need a current insurance cover where as before it wasn’t a requirement 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great THIS was the exctly the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much. My friend he is having extension of stay based on retirement, with re entry permit in order/place and he was so unsure if the

Some embassies and official consulates require that the visa or extension of stay is for marriage while others will accept any type of non immigrant visa or extension of stay to apply for the certific

If you were able to come back in the near future, you can get an insurance from back home. But it has to cover covid-19 treatment 100% and be valid the period you're staying in Thailand. Don't confuse

Currently all visitors to Thailand need insurance. Nobody knows if they will ever scrap this, or it will stay even after Covid (if we should ever get rid of Covid)

15 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Currently all visitors to Thailand need insurance. Nobody knows if they will ever scrap this, or it will stay even after Covid (if we should ever get rid of Covid)

Ok thanks,where online in Thailand can you get a US $100,000 Covid cover insurance policy with a so called approved insurance company or a link to get a quote Cheers

So, according to this hypothesis, those persons who are on extensions and are, by age or financial circumstances etc, unable to obtain insurance are now trapped in Thailand until the is no more covid 19. Anywhere. If one leaves, one can't get back!

That doesn't, personally bother me too much, I'm not planning on going anywhere, but what a situation to be in. I wonder what this will mean for those who use non imm O multi entries at Savannakhet and HCMC.

37 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Ok thanks,where online in Thailand can you get a US $100,000 Covid cover insurance policy with a so called approved insurance company or a link to get a quote Cheers

Sorry if I hijack this thread, but a couple of suggestions of insurance companies, who do i.e. ONLY/separate Covid insurancies would be great

glegolo

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That doesn't, personally bother me too much, I'm not planning on going anywhere, but what a situation to be in. I wonder what this will mean for those who use non imm O multi entries at Savannakhet and HCMC.

Very simple solution. They last entered on a non o. They can now apply for 12 month extension based on marriage. Yes it requires 400k in a bank for 2 months. Hardly Mt Everest.

They are one group that has option.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Worth exploring whether annual travel insurance will suffice, usually has £10-20m cover incl Covid medical. travelsupermarket.com or any of those comparison sites. One example £65 for annual cover, only 60 days continuous but usually that is hidden in the small print. Or alternatively buy travel insurance for a longer period, 9 months circ £600.

The Thai insurance offered must be the worst insurance in the world

Edited by scubascuba3
9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Very simple solution. They last entered on a non o. They can now apply for 12 month extension based on marriage. Yes it requires 400k in a bank for 2 months. Hardly Mt Everest.

They are one group that has option.

Yes I know. I've been doing it for the last 6 years!

What I'm referring to are those of us already on extensions who wish to leave temporarily on a re-entry stamp. Are they gong to have to obtain an insurance policy to re-enter? I certainly hope not!

Insurance is only reuired on the retirement extension of a Non-Imm-O-A Permission of Stay, this was imposed from Oct 2019. A person entering Thailand during these Covid times will require a certificate of entry and retirement extensions (re-entry permits) do not currently qualify. Insurance is required currently.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Insurance is only reuired on the retirement extension of a Non-Imm-O-A Permission of Stay, this was imposed from Oct 2019. A person entering Thailand during these Covid times will require a certificate of entry and retirement extensions (re-entry permits) do not currently qualify. Insurance is required currently.

Great THIS was the exctly the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much. My friend he is having extension of stay based on retirement, with re entry permit in order/place and he was so unsure if they demanded from him insurance, so great he do NOT need any insurance....

Glegolo

• Confused 3
58 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Great THIS was the exctly the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much. My friend he is having extension of stay based on retirement, with re entry permit in order/place and he was so unsure if they demanded from him insurance, so great he do NOT need any insurance....

The $100,000 insurance would be required for him to enter the country with a certificate of entry but he does not qualify to apply.

See: http://thaiembassy.se/wp-content/uploads/brief-instructions-for-foreiners-who-want-to-go-to-thailand-1.pdf

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Glegolo

Non o retirement, there is no channel at the moment to enter Thailand for that visa.

He would need an insurance cover of 100000 usd covid insurance if he was allowed back atm.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Non o retirement, there is no channel at the moment to enter Thailand for that visa.

He would need an insurance cover of 100000 usd covid insurance if he was allowed back atm.

So it is up to the "stamp" in the passport.. He is actually married to a thailady and I haven´t seen anywhere that people married to a  thailady ALSO need to hve an extension of stay based on MARRIAGE....  Are you sure the stamp matters.......?????

glegolo

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So it is up to the "stamp" in the passport.. He is actually married to a thailady and I haven´t seen anywhere that people married to a  thailady ALSO need to hve an extension of stay based on MARRIAGE....  Are you sure the stamp matters.......?????

Some embassies and official consulates require that the visa or extension of stay is for marriage while others will accept any type of non immigrant visa or extension of stay to apply for the certificate of entry.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

If you were able to come back in the near future, you can get an insurance from back home. But it has to cover covid-19 treatment 100% and be valid the period you're staying in Thailand. Don't confuse this insurance with the mandatory health insurance for people on O-A Visas/extensions. Totally different requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1