Post of the year (NOT Poster of the year POTY)

fangless

21 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I am not sure it's a largely shared opinion among the members

POTY is an entertaining moment in the forum life for the ones interested by it

but it needs a rethinking of the model, with crystal clear and logics rules at the start

a short public friendly competition (like 1 week or 10 days maximum) before the final vote poll (Only one vote should be enough imo, at the end of the 1 week or 10 days)

I hear exactly what you are saying but I started this thread because  Rimmer (a Global Moderator)  closed a thread in this forum on 16 Sept saying;

"It is more than likely there will be no more POTY,   all it does is create bad feeling that continues right up to this topic today."

PS; Sorry for the "copy and paste above but I don't know how to do a "formal" quote from a closed topic, the system does not seem to allow it

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, fangless said:

I hear exactly what you are saying but I started this thread because  Rimmer (a Global Moderator)  closed a thread in this forum on 16 Sept saying;

"It is more than likely there will be no more POTY,   all it does is create bad feeling that continues right up to this topic today."

PS; Sorry for the "copy and paste above but I don't know how to do a "formal" quote from a closed topic, the system does not seem to allow it

It should be sad if there is no POTY this year

and i don't agree at all with Rimmer opinion

(Is it allowed to disagree with a moderator opinion?)

what about a public poll on the forun about do you want POTY again or not?

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, kingofthemountain said:

I am not sure it's a largely shared opinion among the members

POTY is an entertaining moment in the forum life for the ones interested by it

but it needs a rethinking of the model, with crystal clear and logics rules at the start

a short public friendly competition (like 1 week or 10 days maximum) before the final vote poll (Only one vote should be enough imo, at the end of the 1 week or 10 days)

POTY should go by the poster who has the most amount of popular posts over the year from 500 posts upwards, no point in anyone being a POTY if they send less than 500 posts in that year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

My posts are always up there with the best, unless you are one of the very few who disagree with me. ????

I suspect only your modesty could prevent you from winning at least one award!

????

• Haha 1