Govt expands 'grow-your-own-veg' scheme after demand sprouts up

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they gave them some Marj' seeds they could have a Holy smoke as well .. they're probably a bit marrow minded for that though .. 

Can't help but question where they will grow them - in the window box or dig up the concrete tiles

Govt expands 'grow-your-own-veg' scheme after demand sprouts up By The Nation     The Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry has extended its offer of free seeds for people to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Can't help but question where they will grow them - in the window box or dig up the concrete tiles

2 hours ago, webfact said:

for people to grow in gardens or pots

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

If they gave them some Marj' seeds they could have a Holy smoke as well .. they're probably a bit marrow minded for that though .. 

Coming soon.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The scheme is a collaboration with seed companies Chia Tai and East-West Seed, who will deliver the packets to Bangkok residents, said Agriculture and Cooperatives minister Chalermchai Srion

Should work well on the 20th floor of a condo.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

There's plenty of us out here with fair sized gardens in which we grow many Vege's already but we are always up for a few more free seeds, as are many of our Thai Neighbours.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Perhaps use your vegetable patch? I'm really pleased with my vegetable patch.
I haven't wanted a vegetable for weeks.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I do not think the Thais will like these:-

image.png.956ea87cae226d5856fd67afd59098bb.png

40 some years ago I was helping some villagers and showed them pics of various seeds I could get.  Many wanted brussels sprouts.  I tried to explain that they were not like a papaya tree with masses of big cabbages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1