McConnell, other Republicans split with Trump on peaceful transfer of power

webfact

Was barrack asked about peaceful transfer of power after his first term? I don't recall. It just seems like the dems are scripting a scenario of Trump refusing to leave the WH. The news is full of "what if's", could happen. Coulda, woulda, shoulda isn't what I consider news.

Edited by EVENKEEL

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There was no need for anyone to question the ethics, understanding of constitutional requirements of election results, of Obama, but with the erratic antics of Trump, seems a reasonable question.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Did Obama air intentions not to do so? Or repeatedly cast doubt on the elections being legit? No. Did Trump do these things? Yes. Here's your answer. Not too complicated. Doubt you weren't aware already.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine is the dems are sensationalizing something Mr Trump has said.

The "experts" on the libs news have said there is no evidence of voter fraud, yet "Russian Interference" news headlines have been going on for over 3 yrs now.

All I'm saying is - Have the election and deal with the results as they happen. Accusing our POTUS of not stepping down should he lose the election is simply the dems attempt to feed their dogs.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine is the dems are sensationalizing something Mr Trump has said.

The "experts" on the libs news have said there is no evidence of voter fraud, yet "Russian Interference" news headlines have been going on for over 3 yrs now.

All I'm saying is - Have the election and deal with the results as they happen. Accusing our POTUS of not stepping down should he lose the election is simply the dems attempt to feed their dogs.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 04.23.14.png

• Like 1

It certainly hasn't been "peaceful" since the 2016 election thanks to the Democrats who still have not accepted Trump's being legitimately voted in, I agree with at least one commenter (Masterton, HERE ) that this article is an example of poor journalism by Reuters. So what is the definition of "peaceful" w/r to an election anyway?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Trump, for the past couple months, has been laying ground for the rebuttal of mail in ballots thus if he loses election, he can go back and say ""I told you so"" all part of his game plan to keep grip on power, he's jealous of his friends who have been in power for longer then him, Putin, Erdogan, Duterte, Kim Jung Un, Saud Prince, Netanyahu, Xi, Lukashenko, etc., Trump's main goal for now is a 2nd term and after that he will challenge the  courts for a 3rd/4th term, president/ dictator for life that's on his mind, these type of people should never been allowed to run for any presidential/senator or even congress places, quite sure many of US citizens, Now regret having voted for him back in 2016

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Morch said:
23 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

It certainly hasn't been "peaceful" since the 2016 election thanks to the Democrats who still have not accepted Trump's being legitimately voted in, I agree with at least one commenter (Masterton, HERE ) that this article is an example of poor journalism by Reuters. So what is the definition of "peaceful" w/r to an election anyway?

You, and other Trump supporters, keep repeating this nonsense about not accepting election results. All of these comments are not supported by fact - and somehow imply that such 'acceptance' is to be expressed in a manner resembling rolling over. While at it, you may want to revisit how Republicans behaved during Obama's term. Doubt you consider that to have been an example of 'not accepting results'.

In any factual and real terms, there was an acceptance of election results, and the same goes for the peaceful transition of power.

Spin it whichever you like, there was nothing from the Democrats on par with Trump's statements, or actions.

You've got to be kidding. Sadly, (for your sake) I guess you're not.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

POTUS has been going about alleged "voter fraud" for this election, long before the results are even beginning to be tallied. This has required no evidence on his part, despite him decreasing funding to the  Postal Service initially. 

Pots and Kettles??

Since there is no voter fraud the "Russian interference" the dems were looking for before is non existent.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Since there is no voter fraud the "Russian interference" the dems were looking for before is non existent.

What are you on about? Do you somehow imagine all instances of voter fraud are somehow tied only to Russia's efforts?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 4:58 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Amazing how POTUS cannot contemplate that he may not be wanted by the voters for another term.

Narcissism on steroids', tinged with delusions of grandeur.  

Amazing that some voters think that there will need to be a transition of power.  Naïvety on steroids tinged with illusions of adequacy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

What are you on about? Do you somehow imagine all instances of voter fraud are somehow tied only to Russia's efforts?

The experts say there is no voter fraud, so can we put the Russian Interference to rest. Next, all this talk of Trump not stepping down if he loses is all talk. Just something to feed the frenzy. All the "what might happen" hype is just a way to sensationalize the news, so the talking heads can talk about "what might happen"

Have the election and let the chips fall as they may.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The experts say there is no voter fraud, so can we put the Russian Interference to rest. Next, all this talk of Trump not stepping down if he loses is all talk. Just something to feed the frenzy. All the "what might happen" hype is just a way to sensationalize the news, so the talking heads can talk about "what might happen"

Have the election and let the chips fall as they may.

How is elections fraud exclusively tied to Russian interference?

Again, you wish to deny Trump's own words, Trump's actions? That's your choice. It doesn't make them go away, though. I think that at some point, even the worn 'he's just kidding', 'he's just trolling' gets past its due date. Even if you do not consider his words meaningful, the question remains if it's appropriate for the President to say such things (and not forgetting the rest of his nonsense), and all the more so this close to the elections?

I seriously doubt you'd be as nonchalant and accepting of such an attitude had it been expressed by a Democrat President.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 5:31 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Yes, but, but, but...HRC is on record telling Joe Biden to not acknowledge defeat...hang tough until the numbers are in his favor...however long it may take!  In your face corruption!

Trump is doing a tit for tat routine...

For sure, you described trump's style concisely. Thank you for acknowledging such childish behavior. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, scorecard said:
On 9/25/2020 at 5:49 AM, simple1 said:

trump world spin. Clinton said don't concede on election day if initial results show a narrow win for trump, in that circumstance, wait until mail in votes have been counted. It is currently estimated about 50% of all votes will be via mail so a logical statement.

Sure, there should be a mail in voting option to give everybody the opportunity to vote and sure they should wait a set number of days, 7 days seems logical and fair.

If the contenders have to wait the 7 days so be it.

Only seven days? I have a distant memory of it taking longer than that for a hanging chad in Florida to fall.

If Trump is so confident of winning, why his rush to get another SCOTUS nominee on the bench?

Maybe he has Chavez Syndrome, a delusional idea that if he preloads the supreme judiciary with his nominees, if he does take his re-election failure to the Supreme Court then surely they will rule in his favor, no? In Venezuela, Maduro caught it from Chavez and we an all see what a stellar successional success that has proved to be.

1 hour ago, Cod Face said:

Amazing that some voters think that there will need to be a transition of power.  Naïvety on steroids tinged with illusions of adequacy.

Have you heard of free and fair transparent elections, these are election at which the outcome and number deciding votes are NOT decided before closing of polling and end counting??

A small matter of relative democracy.

Edited by RJRS1301