Chinese Ebay sellers, don't deliver and reluctant to refund.

giddyup

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Can paypal not help you?

Eventually, but you have to wait until the final delivery date which might be 3 months. Then you have to send a letter to the seller before you can start a PayPal dispute. In the meantime you've wasted 3 months waiting for an item that was probably never sent in the first place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never had a problem with EBay buying Chinese goods same with Ali just takes a long time coming because I choose a supplier with  delivery free products.

You must be the only one in the world. You only have to look at their ratings and read the comments about non-delivery and items not as described.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You must be the only one in the world. You only have to look at their ratings and read the comments about non-delivery and items not as described.

Some Motorcycle parts l've got from China because nobody else can supply them so just commented I have had no problem apart from some minor alterations to the copy parts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Eventually, but you have to wait until the final delivery date which might be 3 months. Then you have to send a letter to the seller before you can start a PayPal dispute. In the meantime you've wasted 3 months waiting for an item that was probably never sent in the first place.

Did you really ever use eBay? You will not open a PayPal dispute but you will open a case in eBay. When you order you also get information about the delivery date range. And if you wait too long after this then you will lose the option to open a case. I ordered very many things on eBay. I always got my money back if it wasn't delivered in time. I opened a case and said that I want to have a refund and not a new delivery. I always got my money back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Did you really ever use eBay? You will not open a PayPal dispute but you will open a case in eBay. When you order you also get information about the delivery date range. And if you wait too long after this then you will lose the option to open a case. I ordered very many things on eBay. I always got my money back if it wasn't delivered in time. I opened a case and said that I want to have a refund and not a new delivery. I always got my money back.

Did I say that I never got my money back? I said that you may have to wait 3 months before you can claim, and then you have to start all over again and hope the next Chinese seller actually sends what you paid for. I paid the last seller on the 16th July, but delivery date was up to the 21st September, nearly 10 bloody weeks!

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

I totally agree with every word.

From what I remember eBay was a place to connect second hand sellers with a buyer, I don’t remember chinese retailers and drop shippers jumping in until later. I don’t think eBay can manage them well which is why I avoid eBay.

I got sick of waiting for 3 months, especially around Chinese New Year, sellers swearing blind they had sent and never shows up then asking you to wait a while then pleading poverty, asking you to wait or pay some percentage for a replacement.

Aliexpress is OK for me, sure somethings never arrive but I usually buy multiple items and I never spend more than 1000B with any supplier. I was only ripped off once, a zigbee sensor that wasn’t zigbee - because it was the same brand name Aliexpress sided with the seller - and made 350B from me. But others had already posted in the reviews, I should have read them carefully.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did I say that I never got my money back? I said that you may have to wait 3 months before you can claim, and then you have to start all over again and hope the next Chinese seller actually sends what you paid for. I paid the last seller on the 16th July, but delivery date was up to the 21st September, nearly 10 bloody weeks!

You can open a claim immediately after the last possible delivery date has passed and you have 30 days time for this on eBay. And again - before you order you can see the last possible delivery date already. 

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Eventually, but you have to wait until the final delivery date which might be 3 months.

There are no items with a final delivery date of 3  months on Ebay, you just made this up

Edited by Susco
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I totally agree with every word.

From what I remember eBay was a place to connect second hand sellers with a buyer, I don’t remember chinese retailers and drop shippers jumping in until later. I don’t think eBay can manage them well which is why I avoid eBay.

I got sick of waiting for 3 months, especially around Chinese New Year, sellers swearing blind they had sent and never shows up then asking you to wait a while then pleading poverty, asking you to wait or pay some percentage for a replacement.

You will never get charged anything for a resend on eBay. That is impossible from the eBay system alone - you paid already and there is no way that the seller can ask for additional money. How do you come to this statement? And after the last possible delivery date you have 30 days to open a case on eBay to get your money back and in addition 180 days at PayPal if you paid with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Funny thing is that the several Chinese items I've ordered from Lazada have arrived promptly, unlike Ebay which can take months, or not at all. I can only imagine that Lazada has some kind of contract with the Chinese sellers that either deliver quickly or get dropped. Some items I've ordered can only be found from the Chinese Sellers, Lazada doesn't stock them. Plus, I always pay COD, unlike Ebay where you have to pay up front and then wait months to get a refund.

I think COD is the answer, with some of these vendors.  No upfront cash, motivates.

11 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You can open a claim immediately after the last possible delivery date has passed and you have 30 days time for this on eBay. And again - before you order you can see the last possible delivery date already. 

They all have at least 2 months delivery dates, OK if you receive it, if you don't it means you will wait at least 4 months. If you're happy with the quality of their goods and you always get the item on time, good for you.

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

There are no items with a final delivery date of 3  months on Ebay, you just made this up

I just told you, I paid for the last item on the 16th July and final delivery date was 21st September, I make that 68 days or nearly 10 weeks as I specified. Want to nit-pick be my guest.

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

I think COD is the answer, with some of these vendors.  No upfront cash, motivates.

That still doesn't help if you wait 2 months for an item that never arrives, and Ebay sellers don't do COD.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Plus, I always pay COD, unlike Ebay where you have to pay up front and then wait months to get a refund.

You just want to write bad about eBay. You get there and a refund within a few days and this automatically without calls to a hotline for instance like at Lazada. Do you work for Lazada or do you sell you there? I have no other explanation for your completely unfounded eBay bashing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You will never get charged anything for a resend on eBay. That is impossible from the eBay system alone - you paid already and there is no way that the seller can ask for additional money. How do you come to this statement? And after the last possible delivery date you have 30 days to open a case on eBay to get your money back and in addition 180 days at PayPal if you paid with it.

Who wants all that fuss and bother with Chinese sellers that don't deliver? If you are waiting on a particular item and after 2 months it doesn't arrive, all very well that you get your money back, but then you have to start the whole process over again. You make it sound like it's no bother at all.

Just now, giddyup said:

I just told you, I paid for the last item on the 16th July and final delivery date was 21st September, I make that 68 days or nearly 10 weeks as I specified. Want to nit-pick be my guest.

That is 1 month, or 30%, short of 3 months, so thanks for confirming you made it up

From your post history it is obvious that you always go for the cheapest of the cheapest, because you must be skint.

900 Baht tv box - cheapest of the cheapest TCL tv, and there are many more, and that will probably also have been so with this item, then a week later you start complaining.

I have a secret to reveal to you.

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You just want to write bad about eBay. You get there and a refund within a few days and this automatically without calls to a hotline for instance like at Lazada. Do you work for Lazada or do you sell you there? I have no other explanation for your completely unfounded eBay bashing. 

Are you the full quid? Another doofus on full ignore.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

That is 1 month, or 30%, short of 3 months, so thanks for confirming you made it up

From your post history it is obvious that you always go for the cheapest of the cheapest, because you must be skint.

900 Baht tv box - cheapest of the cheapest TCL tv, and there are many more, and that will probably also have been so with this item, then a week later you start complaining.

I have a secret to reveal to you.

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys

Another one who's a sausage short of a picnic. If you'd ever bother to read my posts you'd know I paid the difference and bought a 55" Sony Bravia, or are they sh*t as well? Join my Ignore club as an honorary member.

Edited by giddyup

only Once ever had something Not turn up from Chinese eBay Sellers, and that was over 2 years ago... 

At the moment, any Items I have Ebay'd from China has been taking about 10 weeks to arrive. The Only detriment really is that one is pout of time to submit a 'Feedback Tick' 

Prior to CV-1984, most times something has taken a while to arrive from China, any/all quick queries made to the Seller(s) has resulted in either a Refund or a ReSending...  

never Lost out to any of them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm not surprised that few have an approval rating above 90%

I think without posting what the seller rating was on ebay than it is hard to comment on your post.

If they are new - I would not buy.

If they had 95% or less - I would not buy.

Those rating are there for a reason, and only a fool would but from a newish Chinese vendor or one with 90% rating.

• Like 1