Your Experience With Ford's New Truck Discounts

NCC1701A

I was wondering if you would share what sort of discount you were offered with Ford on buying a truck or any new vehicle.

I was offered 80,000 baht discount on a 919,000 list price truck. so i think about 8%.

there were some other minor perks like free insurance for a year and some exterior trim options thrown in.

but what I am really interested in is the cash discount you may have been offered. 

I am just trying to gauge if this normal, or a year end type of discount or what.  

thank you. 

Edited by NCC1701A

Historically cash discounts were generally not offered, but apparently that is changing, couple guys on another thread apparently got some nice discounts. 

Yeah, the stick on body stuff is <deleted>, I would not sneer at the "free" insurance, it's another B20K or 2% and you can usually get decent film, but make sure you get the brand/type specified before you sign.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Historically cash discounts were generally not offered, but apparently that is changing, couple guys on another thread apparently got some nice discounts. 

Yeah, the stick on body stuff is <deleted>, I would not sneer at the "free" insurance, it's another B20K or 2% and you can usually get decent film, but make sure you get the brand/type specified before you sign.  

ok thanks. yes insurance 20K it all adds up. ????

they did also offer free tint. somehow I will have to learn what to ask for. And 9,000 baht more discount if i bought the truck that day, but i didn't. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

they did also offer free tint. somehow I will have to learn what to ask for. And 9,000 baht more discount if i bought the truck that day, but i didn't. 

Again, make sure you know what tint you want, and have them agree prior to signing. The have a good bit of flexibility on this. 

You should expect to get the 9,000 on your next visit as well.

As I understand it, they are do for a full platform update next year so that will be the end of the discounts...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

They all offer one year of full insurance for the purchase of a new car...even before the actual crisis.

For the tint insist for 3M...

Otherwise, with a cash payment,

you can easily get all the extras from the catalog for free...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8% is basically the discount that's offered to 'Friends And Family' of Ford employees (varies a little bit depending on what model etc). Comes off the dealer margin which is why dealers don't like offering cash discounts. But these are tough times ...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

8% is basically the discount that's offered to 'Friends And Family' of Ford employees (varies a little bit depending on what model etc). Comes off the dealer margin which is why dealers don't like offering cash discounts. But these are tough times ...

Dealers don't offer discounts because the car companies wont let them. When one dealer can offer a discount, all the dealers can offer the same, because it's what the manufacturer allows.

The dealers are allowed to give <deleted> away.

• Thanks 1

I discovered a deal that may suit you..... When looking at a new Benz, the salesgirl informed me that if I bought the car, I got her with it! Most expensive short-time ever!

Back in the West, dealer staff used to get 20%, though we never gave customers more than 12.5% and would always try for the full list price.

Shop around and play one dealer off against another. Money is tight now and dealers are struggling. This being Thailand you never know what you will be offered!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

wow 17% sounds good. was this recent?

4 weeks ago but I get the supplier discount..... @ 919k I assume you are looking at the FX4, on my list I can can get that fora 12% discount.

Lean on the dealership though they have more fat they can cut from the price.... FWIW a new FX4 will debut in the coming months.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I discovered a deal that may suit you..... When looking at a new Benz, the salesgirl informed me that if I bought the car, I got her with it! Most expensive short-time ever!

actually the very nice and helpful sales woman at Ford was asking me very personal questions right out the gate. 

married? girlfriend? family?   

and of course the most important question. "are you going to pay cash?" "sure honey who doesn't pay a million baht for a truck that they don't really need?"' :cheesy: 

i told her i would come back the next day and she texted me to make sure I was coming and when i walked in I did not recognize her she had obviously spent the morning having her hair and makeup done. the other women were all smiling at how the first date was going. I told her I changed my mind and instead of white I wanted a red pickup like a fire truck and she actually said "Oh red is a sexy color!" and then pulled out a photo of her car and said "my car is red and sexy too! see? we are the same!" :shock1:

the problem now is apparently Ford has run out of new red XLT or FX4 Rangers in Thailand.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

4 weeks ago but I get the supplier discount..... @ 919k I assume you are looking at the FX4, on my list I can can get that fora 12% discount.

Lean on the dealership though they have more fat they can cut from the price.... FWIW a new FX4 will debut in the coming months.

this is good info. thank you.

yes i am going to wait now. I specifically asked this question about 2021 trucks and of course the answer was no one knows when they will arrive. 

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

actually the very nice and helpful sales woman at Ford was asking me very personal questions right out the gate. 

married? girlfriend? family?   

and of course the most important question. "are you going to pay cash?" "sure honey who doesn't pay a million baht for a truck that they don't really need?"' :cheesy: 

i told her i would come back the next day and she texted me to make sure I was coming and when i walked in I did not recognize her she had obviously spent the morning having her hair and makeup done. the other women were all smiling at how the first date was going. I told her I changed my mind and instead of white I wanted a red pickup like a fire truck and she actually said "Oh red is a sexy color!" and then pulled out a photo of her car and said "my car is red and sexy too! see? we are the same!" :shock1:

the problem now is apparently Ford has run out of new red XLT or FX4 Rangers in Thailand.

Sure you did not recognise her.

She did her hair, manicure, pedicure and went to the dentist for an orthodontic treatment.

Handsome man buying car from me.

7D4AEA2D-A643-495B-A6CF-67E8742F507E_4_5005_c.jpeg

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is good info. thank you.

yes i am going to wait now. I specifically asked this question about 2021 trucks and of course the answer was no one knows when they will arrive. 

All new 2021 Ranger should hit the showrooms approx October next year.... been some delays due to covid.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

were you offered the 100k or did you have to beat them up until they got to 100k?

It took me a month.

I went to Toyota to see the Rocco.

Went to Mitsubishi.

I went to 5 Ford dealers and played them out against each other.

I told them I want 100k discount and all the freebies. I sign today or walk out. After the sales woman talked to her manager, deal done.

Added a camera, roller for the rear, some stickers and other extras I paid for.

Great car and very good garage.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

were you offered the 100k or did you have to beat them up until they got to 100k?

I can give you the contact of sales lady.

Very happy about the service and that they keep in touch for updates, servicing etc.

She also arranged the new insurance after the first year.

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I can give you the contact of sales lady.

Very happy about the service and that they keep in touch for updates, servicing etc.

She also arranged the new insurance after the first year.

Insurance after the 1st year can be had a lot cheaper elsewhere if you sort yourself, she would be happy to arrange though as she would be getting a kick back.

how long ago did you buy the Ranger.... asking as the 1st service is not until 15000km and for many that will take some time so why is she keeping in contact for a "newly" purchased vehicle.

FWIW ive had mine for a few weeks now and have done 6000km, are you doing the same ?

Edited by Don Mega

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

New FX4 MAX... is still a tarted up XLT Ranger like the current FX4 so I would be angling for a discount.

ok. i like tarts. actually the interior is slightly nicer than a XLT in a way that I really like. 18" wheels. Very nice roll bar not a after market add on that was not thought out. blacked out grill and rear bumper, 

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

FWIW ive had mine for a few weeks now and have done 6000km, are you doing the same ?

it has been a while since i have bought a new car and i was a little surprised that the first service was 15,000 km. 

i was thinking more like at least half of that. 

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

ok. i like tarts. actually the interior is slightly nicer than a XLT in a way that I really like. 18" wheels. Very nice roll bar not a after market add on that was not thought out. blacked out grill and rear bumper, 

Happy to be corrected and time will tell but the FX4 MAX does not have 18" wheels from memory.

It does have chunky off road style tyres though and a suspension lift.

The roll bar is a sports bar and will do nothing in a roll over, the FX4 MAX one is better than the FX4 though... style wise in my opinion.

Edited by Don Mega

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

it has been a while since i have bought a new car and i was a little surprised that the first service was 15,000 km. 

Ive already done an oil and filter change.... am not comfortable with 15k  service intervals.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

That's because in Thailand the car is usually dead long before that...so there is only one service, and it's called a funeral...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

That's because in Thailand the car is usually dead long before that...so there is only one service, and it's called a funeral...

And yet other markets the Ranger is sold into has the same service intervals.

stop being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

• Like 1