Your Experience With Ford's New Truck Discounts

NCC1701A

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That contradicts the commonly held notion that the not so clever Thai business owner when faced with low occupancy and a dwindling footfall will hike their prices before countenancing any discounts. Having said that, earlier comments indicate that getting a decent price break on a new vehicle is no longer the complete unknown it used to be. Maybe the sales staff actually put down their smartphones when a farang customer walks in these days. As you say, be prepared to hit up a lot more than just one or two dealerships for any marque.

Commonly held by who? 

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe the sales staff actually put down their smartphones when a farang customer walks in these days.

i have too say the sales staff at Ford jumped up when i walked in unannounced. sales woman and someone to translate until a English speaker showed up a few minutes later. I spend three hours there and they never left my side. 

the second day we walked to a storage lot to look at more trucks.   

they answered every question i had and i really had a lot of questions as this will be my first truck purchase in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That contradicts the commonly held notion that the not so clever Thai business owner when faced with low occupancy and a dwindling footfall will hike their prices before countenancing any discounts. Having said that, earlier comments indicate that getting a decent price break on a new vehicle is no longer the complete unknown it used to be. Maybe the sales staff actually put down their smartphones when a farang customer walks in these days. As you say, be prepared to hit up a lot more than just one or two dealerships for any marque.

you think ford pricing is set by somchai the independent dealer ?

22 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Commonly held by who? 

You mean whom. "Commonly held by whom?"

As already mentioned, The cotterie of TV forum members who are affectionately known here as Thai bashers. The ones who lambast local hoteliers or bars for raising room or beer prices with falling occupancy or footfall. They also think it is cool to berate the drivers, the superstitious, the hi-so's, the culture, the language and pretty much anything that doesn't fit their preconceived ideas of paradise. A loose association of pickers of low-hanging fruit, the disenfranchised, the socially inept, mildy sociopathic and the simple bitter and twisted.

Notably, none of them drive Ford Rangers.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I'm not the one claiming recent experience of getting hitherto impossible price breaks at a Thai car dealership.

What's your theory?

My theory is ive just purchased a Ranger at a dealership within the past month and the price I paid is readily available to everyone if they are flexible.

when did you last purchase a new ford to think you posts in this thread are anymore valid than mine ?

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I'm not the one claiming recent experience of getting hitherto impossible price breaks at a Thai car dealership.

What's your theory?

My theory is ive just purchased a Ranger at a dealership within the past month and the price I paid is readily available to everyone if they are flexible.

when did you last purchase a new ford to think you posts in this thread are anymore valid than mine ?

It is solely your perception that I am somehow invalidating your recent experience. If the OP (and others) are getting a sweet deal that's ultimately the same sweet deal that others can expect elsewhere, I'm not arguing. The fact that my Ranger is almost seven years old and purchased when the obligatory tank of diesel plus half a dozen non OEM, stick-on fripperies (that I declined) were the best anyone could expect is testament to my acknowledging that it was impossible to get a substantial discount back then whereas it may be more common now. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No. No I didn't.

Well I think you did. And if you get to decide what I meant, I think it only fair that I can decide what you meant.

What I meant to say is I really don't know what you mean.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:41 AM, NCC1701A said:

actually the very nice and helpful sales woman at Ford was asking me very personal questions right out the gate. 

married? girlfriend? family?   

and of course the most important question. "are you going to pay cash?" "sure honey who doesn't pay a million baht for a truck that they don't really need?"' :cheesy: 

i told her i would come back the next day and she texted me to make sure I was coming and when i walked in I did not recognize her she had obviously spent the morning having her hair and makeup done. the other women were all smiling at how the first date was going. I told her I changed my mind and instead of white I wanted a red pickup like a fire truck and she actually said "Oh red is a sexy color!" and then pulled out a photo of her car and said "my car is red and sexy too! see? we are the same!" :shock1:

the problem now is apparently Ford has run out of new red XLT or FX4 Rangers in Thailand.

It's just a question of which runs out first, your money or the warranty on the truck. As for the girl, - women are like cars, you can always trade em in for a new model.

5 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It's just a question of which runs out first, your money or the warranty on the truck. As for the girl, - women are like cars, you can always trade em in for a new model.

No, women are like boats, it’s nice to have one, but it’s better to have a friend that has one you can just use when you want...

4 hours ago, mogandave said:
9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

No, women are like boats, it’s nice to have one, but it’s better to have a friend that has one you can just use when you want...

Based on that premise, I would wager that the OP must have a bunch of boat-owning buddies.