Amazing Thailand: Massage parlours and spas to be used to quarantine foreign tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

And a great way to quarantine them would be at Thailand's world renowned Thai massage and Thai spa facilities.

I hope I wake up one day and it was all a bad dream.

Soon some other great mind will have the idea to improve dog kennels for tourists. 

This *bright light* is a Doctor. But you can buy any title here.

Edited by Paiman

Maybe this is a way to save Phuket tourism...

After that "experiment" of allowing foreigners into Phuket without quarantine was announced, Phuket bookings went through the floor and people decided to spend their time in Krabi, Samui, etc. instead for fear of infections.

Now even more ridiculous proposals are coming up, to be tested in all these other places except Phuket, to kill tourism there, and make people book Phuket instead? Just sounds that way... but reality is - if you make all places sounds like risk, most people will skip even you pay the entire stay and plane ticket for them.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News reported that Thailand's health authorities are pressing ahead with a plan to use massage and spa facilities to quarantine foreign tourists.

Slowly they start to realise that it's not the temples which attracts international tourism :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2 is 1 said:

BritManToo is first in line to go quarantine , even hes already in coundry!

I don't use massage, there's nothing I want from a retired overweight hooker.

Under 35 years old, and weighing under 50Kg only for me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

My first reaction to this headline was I had somehow fallen asleep, and we had rolled around to April 1, 2021.

Seriously? These guys should give up their day jobs to become comedians, they would be much more successful.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

And the workers will be on house arrest as well with no life. Do not think that will work.

I have no idea what exactly these guys are proposing. The typical massage places don't have numerous private rooms for sleeping, typically won't have more than a couple private bathrooms, no in-house food services, etc etc...   

How anyone could do any kind of live-in quarantine arrangement in that kind of setting would seem bizarre.

• Like 1

This 'news' came out on a website beginning with the letter K at least two days ago. Why is it so late arriving here?

Anyway, although I love the idea for its 'naughtiness' from a common sense point of view it's crazy. Saying that, I don't believe Covid is much more than a flu, so open up, let 'em in and enjoy your soapies, guys!

Hang on, what about couples, families and single female tourists?

Daily News reported that Thailand's health authorities are pressing ahead with a plan to use massage and spa facilities to quarantine foreign tourists.

Great idea .. how many it will pull will be open to mass debate and some will rub bish it no doubt ..

For example the places chosen would be away from high population densities.

but slap'n'tickle massage joints are embedded smack bang in the midst of where the crowds are!!!  

thinking back how I encountered 'family accommodating parlours are like - I'd hate to have flown in on 1st Class, and be herded onto one of those foam mats on the floor, and only divided from all and sundry other interned tourists; by a flimsy curtain, and a wall of piled old thongs 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Amazing Thailand: Massage parlours and spas to be used to quarantine foreign tourists

Wake me up when they say, "Amazing Thailand: Gogo Bars and Shower Massage Parlours to be used to quarantine foreign tourists."

In other news, Thai sex workers celebrate the new government approved 14 day bar-fine!
News at Sex, errr, at Six.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have no idea what exactly these guys are proposing. The typical massage places don't have numerous private rooms for sleeping, typically won't have more than a couple private bathrooms, no in-house food services, etc etc...   

How anyone could do any kind of live-in quarantine arrangement in that kind of setting would seem bizarre.

Use your imagination