Lampang kills over 1,000 pigs in bid to stop virus from spreading

webfact

Lampang kills over 1,000 pigs in bid to stop virus from spreading

By THE NATION

800_5fd77f52f5f60f5.jpg?v=1600999772

More than 1,000 pigs have been killed in Lampang province after it was announced on September 18 that there had been an outbreak of PRRS (porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome) virus.

The Department of Livestock Development ordered the elimination in several subdistricts of Mae Tha district, said Sorn Theepatimakorn, head of Lampang Livestock Development Department, on Thursday (September 24).

“Currently the department has been able to prevent the outbreak from spreading out of the declared areas,” he said. “The total number of pigs being eliminated could be higher as officials are still collecting data from local farmers.”

Sorn urged farmers to inform department officials immediately if they find that their pigs had died of unknown causes so that officials can come in and take blood samples to determine the cause of death. “Pigs can die from other non-contagious diseases or diseases that have a cure, in which case farmers will not be forced to eliminate the rest of their pigs,” he added. “Our latest survey reveals that most of the affected farmers are small entrepreneurs with only 5-60 pigs in their barns.”

The department has restricted transportation of pigs to within a 5km radius from the outbreak’s epicenter, and also halted inter-provincial transportation of pigs. The elimination of pigs has been done by burying the carcasses in three-metre deep holes whereas the owner will be compensated at 75 per cent of the cost of the pigs if he chooses to have them eliminated by the department.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395100

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-25

if this photo above is real and in thailand, good for the farmers

but probably it is not and reality is a disguesting place full of s....and animals packed one onto the other

that is how disease spread and farmers think they need to use heavy antibiotics to stop the spread

that ends up in your food, cause damages to your gut flora and is the start of many diseases

but for those, sheeple go to their hospital, to get more pills to fight symptoms of the first...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

but probably it is not and reality is a disgusting place full of s....and animals packed one onto the other

that is how disease spread and farmers think they need to use heavy antibiotics to stop the spread

that ends up in your food, cause damages to your gut flora and is the start of many diseases

but for those, sheeple go to their hospital, to get more pills to fight symptoms of the first...

Probably not ....

250920_211019.jpg

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Vegetarian, anybody? Not getting the message yet???

What's the difference Bud, Poisoned Veg Or Bad infected Meat? Once you Dead your dead! 

I rather Die eating Meat than eating Rabbit food all the time ,I very much Like cooking and Eating What I Like,  I Love Veg and Love Meat .

Edited by digger70
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What's the difference Bud, Poisoned Veg Or Bad infected Meat? Once you Dead your dead! 

i rather Die eating Meat tha eating Rabbit food all the time ,I very much Like cooking and Eating What I Like,  I Love Veg and Love Meat .

Me first. What I want I must have. Curse of the age, everywhere.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

but probably it is not and reality is a disguesting place full of s....and animals packed one onto the other

First thing i thought about was that pic, ever got stuck behind a truck hauling pigs????  oh man...

The pic reminds me of the hotel you book online then arrive at the room and see the truth....