Thai economy seen back to 'normal levels' within two years - deputy PM

webfact

$25 billion is complete bull.

Uk government spent 36 billion GBP pounds supporting lockdowns and paying upto 80% of furloughed staffs wages.

This country backed out of 5000 baht for 3 months after 1 month.

So what the hell is this guy talking about?

• Like 1

Have any of you posters noticed that around the world, most of the politicians 

are people who are almost the furthest from being scientists.  That is a big reason

why most governments operate so inefficiently.  Nothing wrong with Biden except for his 

age and he is not much older than Ddonald Ttrump,  notice how I spelled Donnys name?

5 years before any country in the world recovers from this pandemic, and that is why

the Winter of 2020 will be a bust for tourism all over the world. Only the rich people

will be flying all over as they usually do. Most working people are now back to work and

starting to save up for another trip in a year or so.

Geezer

41 minutes ago, meechai said:

Wonder if the crystal ball used for this prediction does lottery picks too?

I have tried to get my Magic 8 ball to help with that, but unlike the Thai Governments figures I only get NO.  Still wondering and waiting to see if Santa will appear with his elves and reindeer.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, patman30 said:

IMO, the entire world will need one year for every month these knee jerk reactions continue to recover if they ever do at all

The bat eating Chinese aggressors have'nt released covid20/21 yet!

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Wonder if the crystal ball used for this prediction does lottery picks too?

No. you have to rub a tree to get luck-eee lottery numbers!......Or the number plate of a car involved in an accident!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Only if the Government changes. Even if COVID defeated, the current climate of Government corruption, Police, economy in shatters, etc., will hold Thailand down until there is a major change.

Would have to get rid of the soldiers, get a peoples government in, and find some way of guaranteeing there will be no more coups, but then I can be a dreamer at times.

17 hours ago, connda said:

Their xenophobia literally blinds their ability to make sound economic decisions.  The tourists are here, long stay expats are here, they don't need to be screened for Covid, and long as they are here they contribute to the economy.  All Thailand can see is get the dirty foreigners out of the country and replace them with a handful of "well-heeled", wealthy tourists.  Talk about living in a constant state of denial as well as cognitive dissonance.  I think it was said that approximately 150,000 tourists remained in the country according to one of the last articles I read about immigration plan to 'deal with' overstays.  So, there are 150K chances to promote good-will in a troubled time among their 'guests.'  But instead they are going to go full medieval and in the process alienate a lot of otherwise good people who simply got stuck in an unfortunate situation. And as anyone who has ever worked within customer service knows, when you leave a customer with a bad impression, they in turn tell scores of 'potential' customers about their experience.  If Thailand handles this like a claw-hammer looking for nails to either pound or pull, then they'll probably succeed in decimating future tourism when those with bad experiences return home. 

One element is missing from that bring the rich tourists here scenario. Sacrifice. What are the authorities willing to sacrifice, to get them to come?

Rich tourists like to spend money when they travel. And they cannot do that here, as they do not like getting taken for a ride. Most wealthy people are smart with their money. Thailand could be making a fortune on a 25% luxury tax. Instead of the 100% of more, which discourages most people from buying. How many people do you see in the luxury stores here? They are almost always completely empty. Inane. Beyond inane.

Quantity over quality is never a good thing, unless you are selling one dollar items at a swap meet. It just lowers the quality of the experience for all.
This is an emergency situation. It needs to be dealt with, and it needs a high degree of intelligence and competence. Not something Prayuth or Pipat possess. Someone else needs to handle this, and it needs to be handled yesterday!

• Like 1