Motorbike Insurance After Five Years.

NoshowJones

My Honda Forza motorbike 1st Class insurance finishes in December, I understand that I won't get 1st Class insurance after that as my bike is now five years old. Is it only Thailands insurance companies that act like this? Is there a reason for this, yes, money of course.

Is there any companies that will give me first class insurance on a five year old bike? Will I just have to accept 2nd class? Thanks.

I recently got refused first class insurance on my 2017 MT09 because it was 'older than 3 years'. I've never made a claim with them so I was really surprised. 

I just went to another company, they don't have this rule.

It certainly wouldn't be good for bike sales if every company started doing this. Why would anyone spend a million Baht on a superbike if they could only ride it fully insured for 3 years. Resale on anything over 3 years would take a massive hit too. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I don't know who told you that? My PCX just passed the 5y mark 2 weeks ago, was in inspection and got tax, compulsory and first class insurance as usual.

Glad to hear that, I'll wait and see when my insurance runs out in December. It was the boss of the Honda agent where I bought the bike who told me this a few months ago.