How's the bus?

ricklev

Thinking of coming from Bangkok for a couple of days.  How is the bus service to and from Ekamie station these days?  Are they still running every half an hour?  I used to buy two seats, but if they are running half empty I might only buy one.  Are the baht buses still a reasonable way to get around or have they mostly stopped running?  Thanks!  Only positive comments please, think twice before you snark.

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Joke said:

I used the Ekkami Pattaya bus on Monday  as my bus to my home town was cancelled. They are leaving every hour on the hour from 0600 to 1900???? Social distance applies so 1 person 2 seats limit to 19 passengers per bus. My bus had 12 passengers.

Excellent!  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Joke said:

I used the Ekkami Pattaya bus on Monday  as my bus to my home town was cancelled. They are leaving every hour on the hour from 0600 to 1900???? Social distance applies so 1 person 2 seats limit to 19 passengers per bus. My bus had 12 passengers.

Thanks!  Are the baht buses running enough to be useful?  Oh, just realized you don't live in Pattaya...

Edited by ricklev

I went from Mor Chit, three weeks ago...all good.  Half full, a few dropoffs I the edge of Patts.  Clean bus, safe driver.  2 hours and twenty minutes.  Enjoyed the walk to my hotel, and plenty of baht busses to go to Jomtien the next day, which was much, much nicer.  Begging, vagrancy, and a ladyboy every 60 meters in Patts.  Was 0-3 on restaurants I knew being open..my date and I did 7-11 wave food on the beach.  She was allowed the premium green curry, for showing some enthusiasm for a change.  My new best friend in Jomtien is the OYO franchisee from Mumbai...really interesting, nice guy.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

30 baht drop off no more?

Was told by a friend who caught the airport bus, pre Covid, that they wanted 200 baht from everyone to jump in a baht bus to be taken to their hotel.  That's several people in one baht bus, not a baht bus each.  He got them down to 150 baht.  Best he could do.

He had a suitcase, so couldn't jump on the back of  moto taxi.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Was told by a friend who caught the airport bus, pre Covid, that they wanted 200 baht from everyone to jump in a baht bus to be taken to their hotel.  He got them down to 150 baht.  Best he could do.

The 50 Baht price I quoted was from less than 2 weeks ago and another month prior to that, not pre-Covid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Was told by a friend who caught the airport bus, pre Covid, that they wanted 200 baht from everyone to jump in a baht bus to be taken to their hotel.  That's several people in one baht bus, not a baht bus each.  He got them down to 150 baht.  Best he could do.

Sounds like a rip off and probably breaks the terms of their permission to be on the bus station property. Be tempted to put a complaint in to TAT or City Hall.

Some cross over Nua to get the regular baht bus.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Aircon buses are OK for 3 hours, gets a bit wearing after that. The Bangkok to Chiang Mai bus trip is only recommended for masochists. Tuk-tuks and songthaews 20 minutes max.

I won't get in a van-type bus, those guys are maniacs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds like a rip off and probably breaks the terms of their permission to be on the bus station property. Be tempted to put a complaint in to TAT or City Hall.

I didn't go into it with him too much.  He's been here many times and speaks a bit of Thai.  He's not a newbie. 

It may have been raining, or later at night, so they had the people getting off the bus over a barrel.  

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is similar to the situation at Arcade Bus Station in CM... Those rejects will sit there all day with their clown friends acting tough, and waiting to charge OTT..walk for three minutes and there are scores heading into town for 20.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ricklev said:

Thinking of coming from Bangkok for a couple of days.  How is the bus service to and from Ekamie station these days?  Are they still running every half an hour?  I used to buy two seats, but if they are running half empty I might only buy one.  Are the baht buses still a reasonable way to get around or have they mostly stopped running?  Thanks!  Only positive comments please, think twice before you snark.

Edited 3 hours ago by ricklev

A thread in the Pattaya forum yesterday, "which bus/minibus is operating Pattaya - Bangkok now". Its a couple of places below yours. It may have some info thats useful to you. Still plenty of baht buses running, mostly empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1