Thinking of coming from Bangkok for a couple of days.  How is the bus service to and from Ekamie station these days?  Are they still running every half an hour?  I used to buy two seats, but if they are running half empty I might only buy one.  Are the baht buses still a reasonable way to get around or have they mostly stopped running?  Thanks!  Only positive comments please, think twice before you snark.

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 2
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can be and in the specific trip in the OP it is. You should perhaps try the service in question before passing your pre-conceived and false judgement on it.

Standard now, I have suspected for some time most comments come from people who have never lived in Thailand.  "I go by limousine" 55, that's up there with my uni gf. 

The busses from Ekkami are comfortable and are safely driven. The journey takes a couple of hours and there are hourly busses. Some brief stops in Pattaya to let people off but nothing to write home a

Posted Images

I always get a Limousine hire as it's much more comfortable and not expensive.

A bus I expect would be a hell trip, cramped and stopping every 20 minutes .... no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4
2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I always get a Limousine hire as it's much more comfortable and not expensive.

A bus I expect would be a hell trip, cramped and stopping every 20 minutes .... no thanks.

U expect? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Big Joke said:

I used the Ekkami Pattaya bus on Monday  as my bus to my home town was cancelled. They are leaving every hour on the hour from 0600 to 1900???? Social distance applies so 1 person 2 seats limit to 19 passengers per bus. My bus had 12 passengers.

Excellent!  Thanks.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Big Joke said:

I used the Ekkami Pattaya bus on Monday  as my bus to my home town was cancelled. They are leaving every hour on the hour from 0600 to 1900???? Social distance applies so 1 person 2 seats limit to 19 passengers per bus. My bus had 12 passengers.

Thanks!  Are the baht buses running enough to be useful?  Oh, just realized you don't live in Pattaya...

Edited by ricklev
5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

OP, be prepared for the journey from the bus station in Pattaya to your hotel to cost more than the journey from Bangkok to Pattaya.   

30 baht drop off no more?

• Like 2