18 hours ago, HampiK said:

If you were really rich (what Thailand wants), then you would fly to Pattaya (direct to your hotel) with an copter!

Which hotels have a helipad.... and be sure you don't end up in BHP, the most expensive rooms in town. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can be and in the specific trip in the OP it is. You should perhaps try the service in question before passing your pre-conceived and false judgement on it.

Standard now, I have suspected for some time most comments come from people who have never lived in Thailand.  "I go by limousine" 55, that's up there with my uni gf. 

The busses from Ekkami are comfortable and are safely driven. The journey takes a couple of hours and there are hourly busses. Some brief stops in Pattaya to let people off but nothing to write home a

Posted Images

On 10/4/2020 at 6:18 PM, kingdong said:

don,t even think about getting a baht bus on koh chang.

the post is suppose to be about bus travel, not a member blowing his trumpet about baht bus on Koh Chang.   lol

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

the post is suppose to be about bus travel, not a member blowing his trumpet about baht bus on Koh Chang.   lol

stick to your limousine that way your trumpet playing won,t upset the punters on the bus.

• Haha 2
On 10/5/2020 at 6:31 AM, jacko45k said:

If there is no provision for a taxi stand there it is simply a choice.

Last I heard, in Phuket, Grab drivers were simply charging the same extortion price as the taxis that refused to use the meter.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Olmate said:

For someone who is relying on hearsay as evidence,you,ve now escalated the baht bus fare from more than the bus from Bkk fare to now more than your hotel room rate! Common give up the nonsense.

Below, you will see I was speaking in general of Thailand.  Transport scams well documented on Google.  

Just seems to be a general mafia thing across Thailand, to control land transport in the tourism industry. 

Below was in relation to Phuket, where a short journey in a tuktuk or taxi that refuses to use the meter, is usually more expensive than a decent guest house room.

There's something wrong when a short journey in a tuktuk or taxi that refuses to use the meter is more than the cost of the tourist's hotel for the day.  

Why don't you ask a price of a taxi in Pattaya and see what he says.  Given centrally located and clean, but not luxurious rooms can he had for 500 baht, you will see the reason for my comment.  

Show me where I mentioned the words "baht bus" in the post you quoted me.

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Below, you will see I was speaking in general of Thailand.  Transport scams well documented on Google.  

Below was in relation to Phuket, where a short journey in a tuktuk or taxi that refuses to use the meter, is usually more expensive than a decent guest house room.

Why don't you ask a price of a taxi in Pattaya and see what he says.  Given centrally located and clean, but not luxurious rooms can he had for 500 baht, you will see the reason for my comment.  

Show me where I mentioned the words "baht bus" in the post you quoted me.

For starters the 2 quotes you show as mine are not.and of course your.ref baht bus what other busruns into central patts.

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

For starters the 2 quotes you show as mine are not.and of course your.ref baht bus what other busruns into central patts.

One quote was yours, to start the post, the other two were obviously mine.

Be sure to post on the price quoted to you by a "metered" taxi in Pattaya, and then we can see if it is higher than accommodation for a night. 

On 9/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, Leaver said:

Was told by a friend who caught the airport bus, pre Covid, that they wanted 200 baht from everyone to jump in a baht bus to be taken to their hotel.  That's several people in one baht bus, not a baht bus each.  He got them down to 150 baht.  Best he could do.

He had a suitcase, so couldn't jump on the back of  moto taxi.  

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

One quote was yours, to start the post, the other two were obviously mine.

Be sure to post on the price quoted to you by a "metered" taxi in Pattaya, and then we can see if it is higher than accommodation for a night. 

Why , it’s about price  of baht bus as your “friend” told you! Bye...

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Why , it’s about price  of baht bus as your “friend” told you! Bye...

Yes, and after 14 pages, the thread digressed.  It happens.  Be sure to post back with a quote from a Pattaya "metered" taxi so we can compare it to accommodation prices.  

On 10/6/2020 at 6:52 AM, steven100 said:

How much do you pay for the limo?

On 10/2/2020 at 9:39 PM, Leaver said:

If you have anything to suggest fair pricing there, go ahead and post it, but moving back to on topic in Pattaya, many passengers getting of the bus here are ripped off just the same.  

I have never heard of anyone being turned over as your friend was. And apparently neither has anyone else on here. Very annoying for him obviously but does not seem to be a regular event. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, rott said:

I have never heard of anyone being turned over as your friend was. And apparently neither has anyone else on here. Very annoying for him obviously but does not seem to be a regular event. 

Yes.  That's why I warned the OP about it.  Whilst it's not common, it does happen.  

• Haha 1
On 9/25/2020 at 12:37 PM, steven100 said:

I always get a Limousine hire as it's much more comfortable and not expensive.

A bus I expect would be a hell trip, cramped and stopping every 20 minutes .... no thanks.

Are you saying, that in all of the almost 30 years that you claim to live in Thailand, that you have never taken a bus? BS on both. Especially the 30 year bit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1