renewal 5 year license in Phuket

aussieinphuket

37 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

the CoR is free. 300 Baht is 'fast track' fee ....

sorry typ on my part 200 each. Dream on about free.  Got three of them last month in Bangkok and took two weeks to be mailed. One for my motorbike purchase and one each for the motorcycle license and the 3rdfor my Auto license.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Just now, bodga said:

eh  bought a new  car 4  weeks  ago nothing mentioned or asked for.

did you register it with a yellow book.  If not the DLT requires a COR for the registration and the dealer should have requested one. Have done it twice here in bangkok to buy a new XMax and my Cayenne.

6 minutes ago, Seeall said:

CoR is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know it's supposed to be free but there are times an easy life is the best way.

Had I not paid for all I know she might have refused to update my TM30 at the same time, which she did, the Captain may just sit on the papers for a couple of hours before signing the certificate or I may be asked to come back another day to pick it up.

I'd rather pay 300 baht and get out of the with the paper completely hassle-free in five minutes!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, madmitch said:

We all know it's supposed to be free but there are times an easy life is the best way.

Had I not paid for all I know she might have refused to update my TM30 at the same time, which she did, the Captain may just sit on the papers for a couple of hours before signing the certificate or I may be asked to come back another day to pick it up.

I'd rather pay 300 baht and get out of the with the paper completely hassle-free in five minutes!

Yes, totally agree.. good one..

4 hours ago, bodga said:

Red plate? They need it for the actual registration of the vehicle for a proper plate.

When I bought a new car a few years back they didn't bother to register it inside the 30 days validity of the certificate of residence, when they finally got off their asses and did the registration after I hassled them on it I needed to get another one from immigration.....

On 10/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, ukrules said:

Red plate? They need it for the actual registration of the vehicle for a proper plate.

When I bought a new car a few years back they didn't bother to register it inside the 30 days validity of the certificate of residence, when they finally got off their asses and did the registration after I hassled them on it I needed to get another one from immigration.....

Did you get the "you pay, you pay"!

On 10/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, bodga said:

Thanks for that. It's interesting how the rules change from office to office. This was the stipulation at the new Immigration office in the parking lot at Muang Thong Thani, and on the form they gave me at the Motor Registry at Mo Chit last week. Perhaps it's a brand new rule?

While I'm here, has anyone ever heard of a driving license being granted but restricted to Bangkok province only?  A mate tried to get a Thai license by swapping out his UK license which still has 2 years left on it, and was told that he'd have to do the whole exam AND that it would be restricted. I've never heard that in 26 years here. When I flipped my Australian license to Thai it was just a simple sight and reaction test, not the full monty exam. Anyone know if the law has changed?

3 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Thanks for that. It's interesting how the rules change from office to office. This was the stipulation at the new Immigration office in the parking lot at Muang Thong Thani, and on the form they gave me at the Motor Registry at Mo Chit last week. Perhaps it's a brand new rule?

While I'm here, has anyone ever heard of a driving license being granted but restricted to Bangkok province only?  A mate tried to get a Thai license by swapping out his UK license which still has 2 years left on it, and was told that he'd have to do the whole exam AND that it would be restricted. I've never heard that in 26 years here. When I flipped my Australian license to Thai it was just a simple sight and reaction test, not the full monty exam. Anyone know if the law has changed?

Its similar to a menstrual cycle.. just lucky if you get them on a good day or not....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1