Thailand to start producing all types of cancer drugs soon

webfact

They need to do something the prices are astronomical in the International hospitals who would benefit the hospitals or the patients? Do you think the hospitals would charge accordingly, I dont just another way to screw the system.

Cancer treatment in Thailand will send you bankrupt   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mark131v said:

It makes no difference if it costs B10 to make they will still flog it to the sick and desperate for B10,000

We are speaking of creatures with no morality here their only concern is personal enrichment, essentially they are parasites but they control these aspects of Thai society...

That was my point, Chemotherapy starts at 100,000 Baht in the International hospitals

55 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They need to do something the prices are astronomical in the International hospitals who would benefit the hospitals or the patients? Do you think the hospitals would charge accordingly, I dont just another way to screw the system.

Cancer treatment in Thailand will send you bankrupt   

A friend went through a course of chemotherapy for cancer at Bumrungrad Hospital at the beginning of this year...it didn't bankrupt him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

This might make the students happy as it could likely eliminate the cancer in government. But on a serious note, cancer is a hard one to have and a hard one to see a loved one die from it. My mom was an ugly mess at the end that just wrenched my heart.. Good luck if Mr. Xenophobic can make some progress. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

Obviously pre-covid a friend, sadly gone now, required a course of injections every few months. He bought a return to uk here and when he got to uk he threw the return away and started buying return tickets in uk. His injections were free in uk and by the second flight was saving on flight costs as well.

If producing these drugs locally really can cut the price in half, as stated, this is something to applaud, not to ridicule.

There is unfortunately a big demand for 'cancer drugs' that are used to treat not only cancer but also autoimmune diseases like lupus which is very prevalent in Thailand. Treatment periods can be measured in years and the cumulative costs are prohibitive for many sufferers.

23 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

is that the country that takes half of your salary at the base

and add 21 percent VAT on everything

so you give about 70 percent of your salary to taxes ?

No, it's the country that pays me a decent pension!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

That was my point, Chemotherapy starts at 100,000 Baht in the International hospitals

Price of cancer brand drugs can be extremely high.  Below is what I paid in January this year and this is not the most expensive treatment drug.  Was designed to be one pill (or more) for remainder of life to hopefully slow or prevent new tumors.  As it made me feel death would be welcome and could observe the internal bleeding is was causing (have stoma) only took for about 30 days.  

Lenvima 10mg     40 pills     113,720 baht     20 pills free

So almost 2,000 baht a day for a little bitty pill that may or may not help and may or may not cause a lot of side effects.  And this is a fraction of the US price (over 18,000 baht each) - and full treatment would be a much higher level of 24mg per day.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

No, it's the country that pays me a decent pension!

A bit off topic, but in West Germany pension funds are in fact workers' closed insurances where the employee pays half and the employer pays the other half. It's meant to be for individuals, not for families. 

That's Bismarck's contract with the Social Democrats in Germany, and it's the most stable institution that Germany ever had. It even survived two world wars staged by Germany. 

Guess Germany exported this model all over the EU. 

Edited by micmichd