Agent/Service for application of Marriage Visa

Hi, I am currently on the Non-Imm O 90 day visa and looking to convert to a 12 month Marriage visa for the long term (either w/ MEP or without depending on what they will allow currently), and due to various circumstances don't really have the time to sort it out myself and would prefer an agent/visa service to get it done without any hassle.

I've contacted a few services but they seem quite pricey compared to what I expected so was wondering if anyone could recommend an agent/service and what price point I should expect, if the prices are indeed as high as I have been quoted I am happy to suck it up and pay, but I just don't want to pay more than the market price.  

I will also try contacting the agents pinned to this forum.

Please let me know your experiences as well, if you found any good ones!

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Where are you based? 

I use these guys in Bangkok

E39AD1E3-B242-4F29-8FDB-12BD1F670A2E.thumb.jpeg.e3e1c98ea951c49ae9ca9d6b0eae2daf.jpeg

Extension is 8,900 which is basically 7,000 on top of the 1,900 extension fee

NB they will only deal with people who meet all of the requirements (in the case of a marriage extension400k in the bank or 40k income).

Amazing, thanks, I was getting quoted far higher prices (more than nearly triple)

Were they easy to deal with in English?  Or do I need my wife to contact them in Thai?  I should have all the requirements, I have the 400k in the thai bank, but my marriage certificate is from the UK.   

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

they will only deal with people who meet all of the requirements (in the case of a marriage extension400k in the bank or 40k income

Mike any idea what the charge is for extension only based on retirement.

If the OP was over 50 some agents might prefer retirement option 

Actually forget it just saw that OP has funds already. 

Edited by DrJack54

35 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Where are you based? 

E39AD1E3-B242-4F29-8FDB-12BD1F670A2E.thumb.jpeg.e3e1c98ea951c49ae9ca9d6b0eae2daf.jpeg

NB they will only deal with people who meet all of the requirements (in the case of a marriage extension400k in the bank or 40k income).

Edit, I see you’re in Bangkok, they’re based on Soi 24 a few minutes from Phrom Pong BTS stop (right hand side in the small shopping arcade near the Japanese restaurant)...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

817CEE32-568D-4B4D-B12A-6629BCF7B7F5.jpeg

Good info, any idea if they can assist with applications in provinces outwith BKK?

Thx

50 minutes ago, azt219 said:

Amazing, thanks, I was getting quoted far higher prices (more than nearly triple)

Were they easy to deal with in English?  Or do I need my wife to contact them in Thai?  I should have all the requirements, I have the 400k in the thai bank, but my marriage certificate is from the UK.   

Very easy to deal with in English, I’ve used the Mim for my last 2 extensions & my 1st TM30/99 day report & been very happy with their service.

i should mention that the 8,900 was for a retirement extension but I think they charge the same for marriage ones as well.

33 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Good info, any idea if they can assist with applications in provinces outwith BKK?

Thx

If you are prepared to travel, consider these guys:  https://www.facebook.com/premierthailegalservices/

Not sure how much they will do over the phone.  They deal directly with immigration staff locally and in Bangkok, but said for the first time client in-person meeting is best to assess situation.   Reach out and see what they can do.

Edited by 4evermaat

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Where are you based? 

Edit, I see you’re in Bangkok, they’re based on Soi 24 a few minutes from Phrom Pong BTS stop (right hand side in the small shopping arcade near the Japanese restaurant)...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

817CEE32-568D-4B4D-B12A-6629BCF7B7F5.jpeg

Thank you Mike. Good info     I’m based  in Phuket  planning on applying for retirement visa ( married 34 yrs to Thai National) just got 60 days to visit wife. Opened bank act and deposited 400k my funds will only   season by 22 nov. visa good to 15 nov?    8900 starting to sound sane as down here we hear 30k +.          

Yea, I was getting quotes from 20-35K with different companies online. Under 10k seems to be a good deal and much more reasonable I think.

Will see how it goes with Asia consulting services, just hoping that cheaping out doesn't land me in hot water, last thing I want is problems with the immigration department.  

2 minutes ago, azt219 said:

Yea, I was getting quotes from 20-35K with different companies online. Under 10k seems to be a good deal and much more reasonable I think.

Will see how it goes with Asia consulting services, just hoping that cheaping out doesn't land me in hot water, last thing I want is problems with the immigration department.  

First problem ,you were married in the UK as was i ,and i changed from a retirement to marriage last year ,check ou all the steps you have to go through ,marriage docs have to go to UK to be authenticated ,then to Thai embassy in London ,when you get them back they have to be translated into Thai and authenticated ,luckily i was going to the UK on holiday and did it there ,its a long process ,talk to Ubonjoe i had his advice on here.you can also pm me

• Like 1

Hi

Sorry for hijacking this post but im wondering about the 40k income method as it seems that that is much easier to meet than having 400k in a thai bank, i get paid into my thai bank account every months around 4x the amount needs but is it easy to get the extension using this method?

Regards

Just now, thaiscot said:

Hi

Sorry for hijacking this post but im wondering about the 40k income method as it seems that that is much easier to meet than having 400k in a thai bank, i get paid into my thai bank account every months around 4x the amount needs but is it easy to get the extension using this method?

Regards

It is if you've got 12 months of 40k+ to show.

But if you missed a month, or dropped below 40k 1 month, or the bank didn't list 1 month as a foreign transfer, you'll be refused.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It is if you've got 12 months of 40k+ to show.

But if you missed a month, or dropped below 40k 1 month, or the bank didn't list 1 month as a foreign transfer, you'll be refused.

Ok Cheers for that as ive only ever heard people talking about the 400k route

5 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Ok Cheers for that as ive only ever heard people talking about the 400k route

Many folk also use monthly route.

Thing is some IMM offices prefer money in bank method. Many posts showing difficult offices creating hurdles.

Example need 12 month bank statements and more and coding of transfers etc.

Keep in mind if using money in bank method that the 400k only needs to be in bank 2 months prior to application and the week or so under consideration period. Then you can use that money. 

2 hours ago, azt219 said:

Will see how it goes with Asia consulting services, just hoping that cheaping out doesn't land me in hot water, last thing I want is problems with the immigration department

Those guys are 100% above board & won’t deal with you unless you meet all of the requirements 

The reason the others are normally more expensive is the people using them often don’t meet one or more of the requirements. 

50 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Those guys are 100% above board & won’t deal with you unless you meet all of the requirements 

The reason the others are normally more expensive is the people using them often don’t meet one or more of the requirements. 

True however beg to differ on reference to "above board"

Both agent services for those that have all requirements in place vs others that need extra service such as side step money in bank etc provide legit extension stamps.

Many companies provide both options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

nice to see a thread about visa help without the counseling to break Thai laws and bribe people that fills these pages commonly but I'd be damned I'd pay 8k for something that took less than 3 hrs to complete for submission..

Never heard of an agent getting round the money requirement for marriage extension, probably why the lack of comments on that practice, seems to be only for retirement, funny that.

22 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Illegal.

I remember a time when it was against the rules to provide illegal advise on this forum.

Time have changed since George left.

You have answered you foolish rhetorical question. Clearly it's not illegal as many threads regarding agents are on thaivisa.

Seriously you need to become informed. 

You not wish to use agent excellent. I do not either. However post with meaning over personal issues. The agent stamps 100%. Aok. 

Find an expert on Thavisa to refute this. 

Apart from the nutters

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Never heard of an agent getting round the money requirement for marriage extension, probably why the lack of comments on that practice, seems to be only for retirement, funny that.

It occurs often. The cost is more. For extension based on marriage the application need to be referred to next level. Unlike extension based on retirement.. 

If it's legal makes you wonder why they don't have a sign in the immigration office with two options, money in bank price of 1900 bat and the special price for those who want to pay 12-20k for the same thing

Edited by Orton Rd