where can i check my messed up eye ?

scammed

a month ago one eye got foggy like if it was really dirty,

i figured it was from me blowing my breath directly into my eyes because of the mask.

i ditched the cover of nose to relieve my eyes but the fog remain no matter how i flush.

do i have to go to hospital or can they check whats up at an optician/ eye glass seller ?

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Where you live, and what is your options? Government or privat? 

i live in pattaya, it doesnt really matter where i go but i

really wish i didnt have to queue,

which is unavoidable if going to a hospital.

i got turned off bangkok pattaya hospital last time so its not going to be that place

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scammed said:

which is unavoidable if going to a hospital

Waiting times are a lot less in a private hospital, but it's usually more expensive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In Thailand they are often not even real opticians.

I had the misfortune to go to one once, she started trying different lenses, & my vision was just blurred. I took the 'optician' test glasses off & they were dirty! I was astonished.

I feel that some of them have no formal training at all.

Now, I just see an Opthalmologist at the hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

i got turned off bangkok pattaya hospital last time so its not going to be that place

I use BKK hospital primary when I have something I need to check, and never dissapointed, except the stupid prices on medication. 

However it is your choice, and as Sheryl told you, and she should know best. 

Why did you get turned off? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

I use BKK hospital primary when I have something I need to check, and never dissapointed, except the stupid prices on medication. 

However it is your choice, and as Sheryl told you, and she should know best. 

Why did you get turned off? 

well, i went for numbness in my legs and wanted something

toxic to get things rolling, but the doctor never gave me anything,

instead i got antibiotic shots for some scratches i never ordered,

it wasnt until the 3rd injection i realized i wasnt getting the shots i ordered, i called it off but still had to pay the 3rd injection, and then they suggested i go back to the quacksalver hoping for better luck this time

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Besides BPH, the following all have opthalmologists:

Pattaya International Hospital

Pattaya Memorial Hospital

Phyathai Sri Racha

Samativej Phyathai

Waits at private hospitals are usually minimal

alright, thanks, i know memorial and its nearby

12 minutes ago, scammed said:

As Sheryll has mentioned it, Rutnin is excellent but, of course in Bangkok. They are quite efficient and not in for the money (at least it is not obvious)

9 hours ago, scammed said:

it wasnt until the 3rd injection i realized i wasnt getting the shots i ordered, i called it off but still had to pay the 3rd injection, and then they suggested i go back to the quacksalver hoping for better luck this time

friend went there for (what he thought was a routine check up)  told to stand still,not move ,cost him 1 and a third mil.  Knew later on he had been taken to the cleaners,depths of depression when realisation took hold,perhaps recommendation to visit the psychiatric dept. there too

of all the govt. hospitals I have visited,not many ,the one liked the most the Red Cross hospital Sri Racha,excellent doctors,nurses and treatment,but spoken English could be a problem until the doctor appears

9 hours ago, scammed said:

You will be taken there too  Skin check up promotion few years ago,twice the price at check out,but no obvious signs of cancer that he could(and I could) see except behind the ear!  yeah right   costing of 4 thousand and he would fix it there and then,  told him he was a liar,had further examination,nothing there

Edited by izod10

1 hour ago, izod10 said:

You will be taken there too  Skin check up promotion few years ago,twice the price at check out,but no obvious signs of cancer that he could(and I could) see except behind the ear!  yeah right   costing of 4 thousand and he would fix it there and then,  told him he was a liar,had further examination,nothing there

I have removed soon ten mole from my body, and the last check up I had at BKK hospital, they wanted to remove 3. Since I have free healthcare back home, I waited until I returned home for a trip, and they removed one, and said I should pay close attention to the two others, and now 3 years later I think it is time to do so for one of them. 

Privat hospital is not expensive, what I find expensive is their prices on medication. To remove those 3 moles would have cost me 12 000,-, but I prefer to do so back home, and not here in this clima and also thinking of the risk of infections while the wounds heals. 

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You must go to a hospital and see an opthalmologist.

Rutnin hospital on Soi Asoke recommended if you are in Bangkok.

Sorry. A bit off topic but is Rutnin the best hospital for lasik/ superhighway surgery

Edited by Nout

13 hours ago, scammed said:

This sounds a ridiculous story. I have been there many times and they always explain carefully what they are doing and what the diagnosis is and what the treatment is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like a Cataract.

Eye doctor..

funny that, my 'haze' only began many months to a year 'after' I received an IOL for the cataract! Was told that was 'normal' expectation for an IOLs life.  A Cataract causes the apparent effect of a blurred blindspot, located respectively due to wherever that cataracts Vector is. 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, scammed said:

https://www.rutnin.com/en/appointment/

Rutnin Eye Hospital is the best around for eye issues.  Because Covid-19 restrictions, not nearly as many foreign patients so queues wont be long.