Thai AirAsia Inaugurates Flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport

snoop1130

Thai AirAsia Inaugurates Flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport

ghh.PNG

BANGKOK, Sept 25 (TNA) – Thai AirAsia (TAA) inaugurated flights to four domestic destinations from Suvarnabhumi Airport, its new aviation hub in additional to already established Don Mueang Airport.

Chief executive of Thai Air Asia, Santisuk Klongchaiya said that passengers can now board AirAsia flights at Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Krabi and Surat Thani. It operates five flights to Chiang Mai daily, three to Phuket and two to Surat Thani and Krabi.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-547556

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-25

• Like 1

From the linked article...

The new service will serve transit passengers from international flights to travel further to major tourist provinces in Thailand in the future. 

This sounds good on paper but in practice? Meh.

With separate tickets, no through baggage, no CIQ, no protection for IRROPs, passengers will still have to arrange a long layover, or risk losing the ticket/flight. Inbound maybe not the end of the world, just buy a new ticket for BKK-HKT/KBV/CNX, Outbound though, you risk missing the int'l departure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Air Asia are still in business which is amazing considering the pandemic so let's give Fernandes some credit here! 

why ?   because he cheated thousands of customers out of refunds Asia wide .... that's the only credit he deserves. Just read complaints from Indonesians, Malaysians and many others. 

As donnacha said,  your given a choice ... credit or refund and even if you choose refund they still credit you so then you have to contact them to fix it which is almost impossible.

Thieves' of the sky. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why ?   because he cheated thousands of customers out of refunds Asia wide .... that's the only credit he deserves. Just read complaints from Indonesians, Malaysians and many others. 

As donnacha said,  your given a choice ... credit or refund and even if you choose refund they still credit you so then you have to contact them to fix it which is almost impossible.

Thieves' of the sky. 

Got my refund in 3 months as promised. However I'm 7 months into a Phillipine airlines 3 month promise! But this is surely for another !thread

• Like 1

Amazing, yet again they allow a low cost to fight head on with the most profitable routes of the national carrier, THAI. This while the people working at THAI are eager to start working again but are not allowed. Who get these brown envelopes I keep asking myself. The same low cost that was introduced to Thailand by the then Prime minister with his family business as the main shareholder. (he is now a fugitive criminal on the run) Looks I'm right, the politicians (not the military) want THAI to go under. (the air force boys make a lot of money with Thai and my guess is that politicians are fed up and want bigger slice of the cake, hence they do whatever it takes). Lion Air, Air Asia, Vietjet, please have a look at their safety records (+training of the pilots and pay to fly program, that means the pilot pays them to get in to the right seat) and compare with THAI. It makes no sense at all.

Edited by SomchaiCNX

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Amazing, yet again they allow a low cost to fight head on with the most profitable routes of the national carrier, THAI. This while the people working at THAI are eager to start working again but are not allowed. Who get these brown envelopes I keep asking myself. The same low cost that was introduced to Thailand by the then Prime minister with his family business as the main shareholder. (he is now a fugitive criminal on the run) Looks I'm right, the politicians (not the military) want THAI to go under. (the air force boys make a lot of money with Thai and my guess is that politicians are fed up and want bigger slice of the cake, hence they do whatever it takes). Lion Air, Air Asia, Vietjet, please have a look at their safety records (+training of the pilots and pay to fly program, that means the pilot pays them to get in to the right seat) and compare with THAI. It makes no sense at all.

I have several flights booked with Thai Air BKK - HKT - BKK next year and all were recently cancelled, Thai Air has decided that only Thai Smile will operate domestic routes. 

1 hour ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yes I know, but why? THAI was flying those routes with profit. 

No idea.  I think it is daft.  Domestic flights must increase aircraft utilisation and lower costs.

Who is going to want to fly first class from Europe and then a budget airline for the domestic leg?

6 hours ago, donnacha said:

AirAsia's ingenious Covid refund policy was to ask me whether I wanted a refund or credit, then ignore my choice, give me credit, and make it absolutely impossible for me to complain.

Dishonest <deleted>.

It's why I have been flying Nok Air for the last few years. Air Asia dudded me on a couple of flight changes, I said enough.

• Like 1

Air Asia has fairly new aircraft which is a plus. Just make sure you read their policy on cancellations and refunds and you accept them.. I don’t 

fly Air Asia very often but haven’t had any experience except the lines etc. 

Flew from Shanghsi to Udon Thani think there was a stop in DM. If you’re

a frequent flyer with an airline you treated fairly good.. but otherwise mostly cattle class....

i sgree it will cause confusion on which airport for your flight and it’s psinf if your at the wrong airport. Happened once from Shanghai When 

was supposed to be pudong long drive with traffic..