Need a certificate of residence

On 9/26/2020 at 1:48 PM, The Theory said:

Depends on your province bank requirements could be vary. 

Indeed, and quite silly and shows they cant forward think like how thai school kids are taught (well, they are told) also even if they did they are showing they dont trust their own goverment departments, banks, and others.

You can have a GOVERMENT issued licence with your address on the back (copied from the holy COR) NOT VAILID!!!!

You can have a Chanotte with your name on it NOTVALID

You can have an account and latest Bill from the PEA NOT VALID

You can have a signed statement from your landlord NOT VALID

and more proofs .... Immi use these to "validate" your address  anyway (how else ?) I have 4 to choose from...

Nobody really cares..  its their system.. they have BEEN told to do, as they have in school.... and anyway, its enjoyable most of the time to these VIP goverment slaves

to see you run around like a mouse in a cage...

8 hours ago, Seeall said:

Indeed, and quite silly and shows they cant forward think like how thai school kids are taught (well, they are told) also even if they did they are showing they dont trust their own goverment departments, banks, and others.

You can have a GOVERMENT issued licence with your address on the back (copied from the holy COR) NOT VAILID!!!!

You can have a Chanotte with your name on it NOTVALID

You can have an account and latest Bill from the PEA NOT VALID

You can have a signed statement from your landlord NOT VALID

and more proofs .... Immi use these to "validate" your address  anyway (how else ?) I have 4 to choose from...

Nobody really cares..  its their system.. they have BEEN told to do, as they have in school.... and anyway, its enjoyable most of the time to these VIP goverment slaves

to see you run around like a mouse in a cage...

It was a week ago when I tried to open a bank account, branch to branch. I got it by 3rd attempt. Everything was set to make me lucky and open that account with no nonsense question (other branches usually ask) that particular day at particular branch by a particular banker. 
if they want to get rid of you for any reason (the reason could be anything you name it) then they twist even reasonable rules to not let you to make it. 

note: not only province to province, but also branch to branch, employee to employee and even what day or what time. And many more unknown factors. 

On 12/1/2020 at 8:42 AM, span1668 said:

Certificate of residence issued by embassy (free). Solved everything. Could open bank account and get driving license (with non-o visa, though)

Did you get the embassy to issue the certificate of residence where you actually reside, as opposed to immigration office where the agent is registering your address for your non-O, and 90-day report will be done?

29 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Can you please explain how an Embassy can issue a ' COR' ??????

Most call it proof of or confirmation of a persons address not a certificate of residency.

Some have people do a affidavit or statutory declaration swearing it is their address.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most call it proof of or confirmation of a persons address not a certificate of residency.

Some have people do a affidavit or statutory declaration swearing it is their address.

Yes, so far we agree, but is this then also valid for applications within Th? e.g. buying car or others, opening bank account,etc.  Further to my previous post, my Embassy can also issue a 'COR' , but only for issues concerning my original country.

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Can you please explain how an Embassy can issue a ' COR' ??????

It's quite common, as in most embassies offer a related service, but usually on the expensive side compared to immigration.
Would need to check but I heard that the French embassy was charging 100 euros or so for the service (needs to legalised).

Here's the info on the British embassy page:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#affirmation-of-residency

And here on the Dutch embassy's page:
https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/countries/thailand/living-and-working/certificate-of-residence

Not 100% sure it's the same document as the one Thai immigration offices issue (TM16), but it does seem to serve the same purposes.

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes, so far we agree, but is this then also valid for applications within Th? e.g. buying car or others, opening bank account,etc.  Further to my previous post, my Embassy can also issue a 'COR' , but only for issues concerning my original country.

Its often referred to as a COR but technically its an affidavit/declaration etc, and usually accepted by DLT, bank etc.

The certificate from the embassy is not the same as the one provided by immigration but it serves the same purpose and it is accepted in Thailand. It was accepted to open a bank account and to apply for a driving license. And it was not translated into english!

And it was free. It is a document which is issued when you register at the embassy as "a national" living in a foreign country. I guess if you don't register, it might get more complicated, and certainly not free.

Archived