Amnesty extension without Embassy letter

Hi all,

I'm currently on the Amnesty which ends on the 26th as everyone knows.

My question is if I go to MTT immigration tomorrow and apply for a 30 day extension as normal (But without the Embassy letter as my country will not issue the letter) if declined will I be given 7 days too leave Thailand denied stamp?

If you had a visa exempt or tourist visa entry and did not use the 30 day extension of it you could apply for a extension without a embassy letter.

Normally you would get 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht after it is denied but some office have refused to do them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delboy20 said:

Yes i arrives on VOA which I did not extend as normally.

Did you really get a 15 day visa on arrival when you entered the country that cannot be extended.

Or did you get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

I have read about one case of the 7 days not being given there.

4 minutes ago, Delboy20 said:

I received 30 day VOA back in March 19th from a land border crossing which I did not extend as I went directly

Can you show me the stamp for the visa on arrival that you paid 2000 baht for and the 30 day entry from it since I have never seen such a thing. 

I am sure you got a 30 day visa exempt entry. You apply for a 30 day extension of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ninjabkk said:

I entered Thailand without VISA and extended it for 30 days in April. I didn't get a letter at the embassy. Can I extend the 7dayz on September 28th without a letter?

You could apply for a extension, pay the 1900 baht fee and be granted 7 days to leave the country after the application is denied.

9 minutes ago, Delboy20 said:

@DrJack54 Yes correct. 

There was report couple days back that a German guy obtained 30 extension at MTT without embassy letter. If I were in your situation I would make online booking for appointment NOW for 26. Many threads about how to do that.

It will depend on io.

Prior to that your paperwork will be checked. Plead your case that your embassy is not providing Letter. 

Have a felling that tomorrow may be some leniency..

Good luck 

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, Delboy20 said:

@@DrJack54 Yes I have a booking made already in MTT and a flight booked tomorrow which I'm willing to pay too change for a fee but I'm just trying too see what are my options.

I hope you get the 30 day.

Can you post back what happens. 

Esp flight outline and if success etc.