Obtaining Spouse Visa then Travelling to Thailand

I just wondered if anyone had any recent experience of this?

My Thai wife and daughter live in Thailand and I am UK citizen living in the UK. I normally travel to Thailand for a few weeks for a few times a year on a tourist visa. Except I haven't been able to do this since January.

I have looked and I qualify for a spouse visa so I can travel into Thailand. Has anyone had to do this recently - I know it is a long winded process - for a few weeks holiday? What was the process like? What was the total cost?

There are several threads on this. Try a Google search

site:thaivisa.com Thai spouse COE ASQ insurance

The rules vary a bit depending on the country where you are applying, but you will probably find what you need to decide whether it is worthwhile contacting the Thai embassy in your country to pursue this.

Cost is dependent on several factors such as whether you fly business or economy, what insurance you get and what price point you are willing to accept for your ASQ and which service provider you utilize for your Swab Test and F2F, plus any associated costs if you travel to London for your visa submission.

For me

£2800 - Flight

£60 - Visa

£155 - Swab Test and F2F

B 55 000 - 1 year insurance

B 65 000 - ASQ Hotel Quarantine

Plus £650 for accomodarion in London for visa and swab testing etc.

Not cheap but it is what it is. I hadn't seen my wife since January and enough was enough by end of August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Cost is dependent on several factors such as whether you fly business or economy, what insurance you get and what price point you are willing to accept for your ASQ and which service provider you utilize for your Swab Test and F2F, plus any associated costs if you travel to London for your visa submission.

For me

£2800 - Flight

£60 - Visa

£155 - Swab Test and F2F

B 55 000 - 1 year insurance

B 65 000 - ASQ Hotel Quarantine

Plus £650 for accomodarion in London for visa and swab testing etc.

Not cheap but it is what it is. I hadn't seen my wife since January and enough was enough by end of August.

is it a must to buy 1 year insurance ?  

• 2 weeks later...