Christmas Dinner in Pattaya

Banana7

Being a vegetarian for over 45 years, I usually had tofurkey or some such nonsense for Christmas dinner.  Or a 6-pack of beer.  But I just heard of something new - Bah Humbug.  Sounds like a mid-eastern  version of a corn dog, like a long Falafel on a stick, served with hummus. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Trust me, being forced to stay away from the wife and kid in Thailand in a room in a bed and breakfast in a windy, wet blackpool, UK, with no cooking facilities in this covid nonsense really breeds more humbug than you can possibly imagine ! 

Always the drag artiste on a weekend to look forward to.

• Haha 1

Barely a dozen posts long and American politics rears its ugly and boring head on a Pattaya Christmas dinner thread, when will it ever end!!!!! 

Our normal hotel venue for Christmas dinner is currently closed and the subject wss brought up around our drinks table last weekend, the jury is currently out given the uncertainty about which venues will be open in 3 months time. It's a wait and see for me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I gave up eating overpriced, poorly-prepared, lukewarm (if you're lucky) food in Pattaya's bars and restaurants some years back. I'll buy a frozen imported turkey (at exorbitant cost, I know) and roast it myself with all the trimmings. Actually, since Pattaya City only wanted 58 Baht in property tax this year instead of the usual 7,500 Baht, I decided then that the money saved would pay for the turkey and a bottle of Moet. So thank you in advance, Pattaya, for a wonderful Christmas dinner, lol!

Nice one, I can understand that as there was a period where Pattaya venues were definately stretching the idea of the season of goodwill with the price/offering equation.

If Pattaya is targeted for Xmas/New Year for local tourist price promotion which is not inconceivable, I think I might head the opposite direction and treat myself to a splash out in a Bangkok hotel restaurant. Perhaps better choice and quality might be had there. Will need to keep an eye on the Bangkok section of the forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I gave up eating overpriced, poorly-prepared, lukewarm (if you're lucky) food in Pattaya's bars and restaurants some years back. I'll buy a frozen imported turkey (at exorbitant cost, I know) and roast it myself with all the trimmings. Actually, since Pattaya City only wanted 58 Baht in property tax this year instead of the usual 7,500 Baht, I decided then that the money saved would pay for the turkey and a bottle of Moet. So thank you in advance, Pattaya, for a wonderful Christmas dinner, lol!

Frozen imported turkey? For how many people, or how many days eating left overs. 

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

My wife informed me that there will be no turkeys imported from the USA this year. But then she said this last year. To keep me out of the kitchen she ordered a ready cooked one from Foodland for on the day and it wasn't half bad. Sadly, no turkey dripping to put on toast on Boxing Day.