Regular haunts that survived

aussiexpat

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Good to see you started your own thread, rather than trying to shut another thread down.

I am happy to contribute, but can you clarify "have survived best during Covid?" 

The damage from Covid is no where near finished.    

will this topic reach 2k+ replies ? or even overtake the original topic this was born from. let's see. IFAIC 2 hopes, 1 being Bob, the other more realistic , no (hope). 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The main popular Western pub/restaurant/sports bars in Jomtien are all still going, Hemingways, Frasers and Deano's. I put that down to more expat residents in the area than Central Pattaya and also fewer venues in the first place. Had to get additional chairs laid out at Deano's last Saturday for the football as it was full at 6pm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

The main popular Western pub/restaurant/sports bars in Jomtien are all still going, Hemingways, Frasers and Deano's. 

Only ever ventured to Jomtien to get my visa extension, but always made a day of it. Felt so much different to Pattaya, loved it ????

Good to see not much has changed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Burger King.

Great, I lived off them last November as they offered 99 baht Whoppers. The only thing that stopped me eating two 60 baht chicken kebabs when drunk ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jastheace said:

will this topic reach 2k+ replies ? or even overtake the original topic this was born from. let's see. IFAIC 2 hopes, 1 being Bob, the other more realistic , no (hope). 

The heading should have be something like, "Are your regular haunts surviving?"  

The full economic fallout from Covid hasn't been felt yet.  

Sounds like Jomtien and the dark side are relatively unscathed. I remember going on a dark side tour back in 2008 (Adam from cherry bar ran it), was fantastic. For some reason I remember black pearl, or something like that. I went swimming with my phone to be with naked girls ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

This is meant to be a positive thread, no negativity allowed ????

Well, I support my favorite bars and restaurants (the ones still open) more so now then before, and I encourage everyone to do the same.  They give us choice and variety here, which is one of the great things about Pattaya for expats.  

Should just about all of them fold, as expats, we all lose, so support your local.    

• Like 1

Simon's fish and chips in Jomtien closed down. The owner could not return from NZ due to ill health. Great pity, as I loved the fish and fenerks there.

Also in Jomtien, Pig and Whistle closed after start of covid. Again a great pity. Da Nicola in Jomtien reopened after a covid closure recently. Great spaghetti meat balls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Hope Bodega bar, 5 star bar, Irish rovers, metro bar and le-pub are still doing okay

The first two are really struggling. Beach Road and Second Road both hit hard with very few customers about. I Rovers seems OK but like the last two, not on my list. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kinyara said:

The main popular Western pub/restaurant/sports bars in Jomtien are all still going, Hemingways, Frasers and Deano's. I put that down to more expat residents in the area than Central Pattaya and also fewer venues in the first place. Had to get additional chairs laid out at Deano's last Saturday for the football as it was full at 6pm. 

Love Deanos. Great bar.