Regular haunts that survived

aussiexpat

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I know they have been refurbished.  The question is, who refurbished them?  If the tenant, which I think unlikely, then sure, they will reopen, if the landlord, then I don't see a tenant and a reopening any time soon.

Which ones were refurbished? 

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

I know they have been refurbished.  The question is, who refurbished them?  If the tenant, which I think unlikely, then sure, they will reopen, if the landlord, then I don't see a tenant and a reopening any time soon.

Yes I wondered.... and thought the landlord. Those that are refurbished will command better rent and likely be picked up first. 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:03 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes I wondered.... and thought the landlord. Those that are refurbished will command better rent and likely be picked up first. 

Soi 7 and 8 were not exactly doing well before Covid. 

Will some new floor tiles and a coat of paint really draw a new tenant and customers?    

Just now, Leaver said:

Soi 7 and 8 were not exactly doing well before Covid. 

Will some new floor tiles and a coat of paint really draw a new tenant and customers?    

They likely stand the better chance than the derelict place with the roof having fallen in. It will take time, but Pattaya always seemed to draw in the punters and fools prepared to invest... they will likely be from different places than they were historically.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They likely stand the better chance than the derelict place with the roof having fallen in. It will take time, but Pattaya always seemed to draw in the punters and fools prepared to invest... they will likely be from different places than they were historically.

I agree, it will take time, probably years.

What nationality do you think the next fools will be?  

6 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Is the 6 still rockin'?

Funny you should ask, I walked down the Soi at 7.30 pm and clocked approx 60 customers in total. Which is a big improvement on other times recently. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

Funny you should ask, I walked down the Soi at 7.30 pm and clocked approx 60 customers in total. Which is a big improvement on other times recently. 

That's just the ones visible to you. There were probably others in the dark rooms or recesses practicing their relaxation techniques.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I agree, it will take time, probably years.

What nationality do you think the next fools will be?  

Indian, Chinese, Russian, they were obvious contenders pre-Covid and all come from <deleted>ty origins. 

On 3/6/2021 at 1:19 PM, rott said:

Does this refer to Soi Walker, as I believe it is almost known. ????

It has another name on Pattaya Addicts. If I quoted it here I would probably  get banned.  Is a t letter acronym for a certain kind of massage that they are well known for offering.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Indian, Chinese, Russian, they were obvious contenders pre-Covid and all come from <deleted>ty origins. 

There are / were Indian restaurants, but I didn't see any Indian run beer bars here pre covid.  Same with Russian and Chinese.  

There are / were Indian restaurants, but I didn't see any Indian run beer bars here pre covid.  Same with Russian and Chinese.  

The Big and Whistle, Beer Hub, but no beer bars correct. Russians had a pub in Jomtien and some GGBs, and Panda GGB Chinese owned.

Edited by jacko45k

20 hours ago, champers said:

That's just the ones visible to you. There were probably others in the dark rooms or recesses practicing their relaxation techniques.

Boy, you Pattaya Expats have it good. Can still practice low cost relaxation techniques on every corner.
I am turning green with envy.

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The Big and Whistle, Beer Hub, but no beer bars correct. Russians had a pub in Jomtien and some GGBs, and Panda GGB Chinese owned.

So, tell me again, who are the fools that will be buying beer bars post covid?  

Why do they have to be beer-bars? If the demographic of tourists is changing, opening a Indian sweet-shop Chinese food might might make more sense. 

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Those seeing cheap prices and potential in them. All those whose countries supply sufficient tourists to support them, likely Indian and Russian more than Chinese, they do tourism differently. Along with a few from the old groups who don't see the writing on the wall and had success elsewhere, and got loved up here. And Thais....

Edited by jacko45k

On 3/7/2021 at 4:54 PM, polpott said:

Have another look down there, several have been refurbished in anticipation of reopening.......soon. 555

I was around there earlier, the Happiness Star bar on Soi 7 apparently undergoing refurb, if there were others I missed them. 

Soi 8 largely in darkness except for a few bars near Beach Road. Good to see Sailor Bar still going. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:36 PM, Yellowtail said:

Why do they have to be beer-bars?

We were / are discussing the refurbishment of some beer bars on Soi 7.  

On 3/13/2021 at 10:36 PM, Yellowtail said:

If the demographic of tourists is changing, opening a Indian sweet-shop Chinese food might might make more sense. 

Can you open a Indian sweat shop or Chinese restaurant with a tiled pile of bricks and a tin roof?   

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

We were / are discussing the refurbishment of some beer bars on Soi 7.  

Can you open a Indian sweat shop or Chinese restaurant with a tiled pile of bricks and a tin roof?   

Yes, and I said sweet-shop, not sweat shop. 

On 3/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, jacko45k said:

Those seeing cheap prices and potential in them.

It remains to be seen if there will be cheap rents here post covid.

All those whose countries supply sufficient tourists to support them, likely Indian and Russian more than Chinese, they do tourism differently.

Plenty of Indian restaurants here, pre covid, and no Indians eating in them.

What makes you think an Indian theme beer bar would attract Indians?

Along with a few from the old groups who don't see the writing on the wall and had success elsewhere, and got loved up here.

Possibly, but "dreamers" were thin prior to covid.  

And Thais.

I can't see farang boyfriends or husbands being too keen to front up the money for a bar here in the future.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I can't see farang boyfriends or husbands being too keen to front up the money for a bar here in the future.  

Well I meant independent Thais who are always ready for a business venture....but the case you cite.... well no end to the supply of stupid in the world and so want to please her who talks too much.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Cheaper, cheap is relative. Those who took a lease during Covid will have cheaper rents.

I know some Thai landlords are reducing their rents while borders are closed, but I am sure those rents will return to normal, and maybe more per month, if a finance type situation was agreed upon.

Time will tell if rents are cheaper post covid than they were pre covid, to attract tenants.