Regular haunts that survived

aussiexpat

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah, I don't want them to sit with me, I often have to avoid eye contact to stop them coming over. To be fair the agogos I go to are good and the girls don't harass you for LDs

I am the same. Not a gogo regular at all, the last time I went to one within five minutes I had the same conversation three times

Wot your name.? Where you from.? You buy me drink.? Only doing what they are paid to do but I did not hang about. 

Am I reading Jacko right, 1200 barfine.? 

6 hours ago, rott said:

I am the same. Not a gogo regular at all, the last time I went to one within five minutes I had the same conversation three times

Wot your name.? Where you from.? You buy me drink.? Only doing what they are paid to do but I did not hang about. 

Am I reading Jacko right, 1200 barfine.? 

Yes indeed. An unbiased Farang goes to a GoGo to enjoy some music, wanting to take a look at the "talent" present in an Air-Con environment.
And then...... the ladies descend on me, one by one or in one big drove. The ensuing highly exciting conversation (as described above by "rott") simply turns me off. Every time.
- I realise, that a good number of Farangs prefer this ritual. The more the merrier, buying flimsy smiles for 200 Bht a crack. Just not my thing, but to each his own.

Defensive measures? There are a few:
- "I come from Pha-Jahn (the moon) and I speak no English". (Dosn't work too well, as they have a hard time with sarcasm/Farang humor).
- "I only came for the Beer and the music". (I say this firmly and look bored/grumpy. That usually works quite nicely).
- Or if I like the place and I want to come back regularily, I just explain to the "Mama San" that I prefer to go by the old fashioned motto "Don't call us, we will call you". (Works best in smaller places, like those in Soi Post-Office/Soi Yamato).

PS: I do not expect that this "GoGo-Standart-Procedure" will change after Pattaya arises from the ashes.
Thai Mathematics may come into play: Everything same same but everything 50% more expensive. Thai Mathematics.????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah, I don't want them to sit with me, I often have to avoid eye contact to stop them coming over. To be fair the agogos I go to are good and the girls don't harass you for LDs

Well I am often out "Johnny no-mates", so am looking for a bit of slap and tickle company... I really don't see the point of sitting in a GGB on one's own. If I have a pal with me I prefer to be drinking 60 baht beers where I can converse. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I am often out "Johnny no-mates", so am looking for a bit of slap and tickle company... I really don't see the point of sitting in a GGB on one's own. If I have a pal with me I prefer to be drinking 60 baht beers where I can converse. 

The point in going to an agogo is you have a stage full of naked girls to look at whilst having a few beers. I wouldn't go to agogos where they are dressed, just no point unless barfining 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The point in going to an agogo is you have a stage full of naked girls to look at whilst having a few beers. I wouldn't go to agogos where they are dressed, just no point unless barfining 

Not available these days though.....  

12 hours ago, swissie said:

- I realise, that a good number of Farangs prefer this ritual. The more the merrier, buying flimsy smiles for 200 Bht a crack. Just not my thing, but to each his own.

Exactly. If they don't, then the farang is being OMG--ignored. And there's just nothing worse than having one's charm, hansumness, and Fat Wallet, representing Thailand's only hope, ignored, as if he's just some repulsive, boring old Cheap Charlie less interesting than a mobile phone. Leaving in a huff never to return is the proper righteous response, followed by a negative review to warn others about such ill treatment.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, rott said:

Not a gogo regular at all, the last time I went to one within five minutes I had the same conversation three times

Such passivity. Take charge of the conversation, man, no need to be shy. After you heard it once, next time why not preempt and change the conversation by asking where she comes from? WOT? Then ask how long she's worked there, how did she end up there, and where she worked before. Ask where she's staying in Pattaya and whether alone or not. Does she have any close friends in the bar? Who? Etc. etc. Then you can start asking more intimate questions that lead to some interesting history and confessions.

Edited by BigStar

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Such passivity. Take charge of the conversation, man, no need to be shy. After you heard it once, next time why not preempt and change the conversation by asking where she comes from? WOT? Then ask how long she's worked there, how did she end up there, and where she worked before. Ask where she's staying in Pattaya and whether alone or not. Does she have any close friends in the bar? Who? Etc. etc. Then you can start asking more intimate questions that lead to some interesting history and confessions.

I do not want any sort of conversation, I go for a drink and a gawp. 200 baht lady drinks, a barfine that would cover all night everything in other places not my scene. Many on here love it, good for them. As I said a gogo is only an occasional thing for me, though I may be in TQ later. 

15 minutes ago, rott said:

I do not want any sort of conversation, I go for a drink and a gawp. 200 baht lady drinks, a barfine that would cover all night everything in other places not my scene. Many on here love it, good for them. As I said a gogo is only an occasional thing for me, though I may be in TQ later. 

Then you merely preempt with a polite *mai aow arai, krub" with a cut hand gesture, perhaps followed up with a *sabai dee laew krub (notice the "already"), and perhaps an elaboration about *dụ̄̀m beīyr̒ fạng phelng læa dū p̄hū̂h̄ỵing thèānận, krub--perfectly pronounced of course. Repeat *mai aow arai krub if needed.

Sorted! It's all so easy. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Available as usual since they opened

I guess you mean when a particular venue closed and opened their adjacent place.  I was out and about WS just prior to that, and really was not enjoying things. Just not enough places open to give the variety I have come to expect of  the Walking St area. Gosh I miss some old haunts.... why did Crazy House not survive I often wonder.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:20 AM, Yellowtail said:

Yes, well there are plenty of bars where if you by drinks for a lady they are the same price.

If you take a lady with you, I expect that to be true. But not even then can it be a certainty. Many of the nightclub/disco places had issued the girls with a card so that they could get a commission on drinks bought for them. The places I go, the ladies who 'work' in them, get a commission on drinks bought for them..... that is passed on. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If you take a lady with you, I expect that to be true. But not even then can it be a certainty. Many of the nightclub/disco places had issued the girls with a card so that they could get a commission on drinks bought for them. The places I go, the ladies who 'work' in them, get a commission on drinks bought for them..... that is passed on. 

Well yes, in bars where women are working for drinks, the drinks you buy for women will generally be more expensive.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, BigStar said:

Why would one want all this info?

When on the rare occasions i do visit GG my questions are only about the services offered, zero interest in her life story.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why would one want all this info?

To try to explain that is like trying to explain color to the color-blind.

A go-go is a little world unto itself. You like Thais (and so you can speak basic Thai), you enjoy getting to know Thais, you enjoy knowing who a person is (even if they're Thai, no matter their walk of life), you enjoy a bit of friendliness beyond the purely commercial, you enjoy some authentic laughs and joking around, you want to know something about the relationships among the ladies for possible threesomes or foursomes, you find out about her sexual preferences, you have some natural curiosity, you possibly want to be friends outside the go-go, you can actually converse, not just blather about yourself, later you may have more of the GFE--and you find this entertaining beyond just the drinking and watching--OR you don't. Many, if not most, farang such as yourself absolutely don't, of course. Partly that reflects the obtuseness that made them such a success with women in their home countries. Part of it is mere bigotry. Too bad, but keeps the go-gos in business. And we wonder why farang whinge here so often tthat Thais aren't friendly and smiling towards them.

10 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

When on the rare occasions i do visit GG my questions are only about the services offered, zero interest in her life story.

Of course. I can relate, as I felt that way for a few months FOB. Next.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

And we wonder why farang whinge here so often tthat Thais aren't friendly and smiling towards them.

I've met many very friendly female Thais in go-gos.

So friendly they insisted we go home together to be even more friendly in private.

And a few friendly male Thais pretending to be friendly female Thais.

Edited by BritManToo

On 3/19/2021 at 5:21 AM, jacko45k said:

I don't know, I personally do not deal with them. If there is a contract that is where the terms lay and surely late payment of rent is included in it. 

A lot would depend on the willingness of the Thai landlord/s to amend the lease contract.  If they are not willing to amend the lease contract, they can enforce the original lease and that could mean eviction.  

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A lot would depend on the willingness of the Thai landlord/s to amend the lease contract.  If they are not willing to amend the lease contract, they can enforce the original lease and that could mean eviction.  

The terms are typically called out in the lease agreement. I know it seems unfair, but one of the terms is usually that the tenant has to pay rent. 

A lease agreement can be renegotiated, which is what one should do to get rent relief.  

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The terms are typically called out in the lease agreement. I know it seems unfair, but one of the terms is usually that the tenant has to pay rent. 

A lease agreement can be renegotiated, which is what one should do to get rent relief.  

Sure, but that would mean the tenant is at the mercy of the Thai landlord, and it will be their decision to vary the lease, or take possession of their property.

I have no doubt some Thai landlords evicted back in 2020, in the hope of getting a new tenant and more key money.  It's likely their property will remain vacant for years now.   

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

No. The tenant is not at the mercy of the landlord, the lease agreement protects both the tenant and the landlord. If the tenant has no money, they forfeit the lease.

If the tenant has no money due to covid, and can't afford to pay the rent, they are in breach of the lease by not paying rent, that puts them at the mercy of their Thai landlord.  

If the landlord wants to keep the tenant, and the tenant wants to stay, they have the option of renegotiating the lease with terms more favorable to either or both parties. 

Yes, but that in an amendment, or possibly a new contract, which changes from the existing contract.

You seem to be of the opinion that all tenants are stupid victims, and that all landlords are evil, greedy and stupid. That has not been my experience. 

No, I am not, although I am critical of the dreamers, and the greedy Thai landlords, but not all tenants and all Thai landlords. 

I have no doubt if more Thai landlords were more understanding 2020, more haunts would have survived.

Edited by Leaver

6 hours ago, rott said:

To get more or less back on topic both Hooters and Hops seemed busy earlier on tonight. A bit surprising with it being a dry night. 

Must be Bangkok folk visiting. I was at a large restaurant on Hwy 36 near the sheep farm on Friday night. Place was absolutely packed. As was it's sister place across the Highway. Plenty of tourists about.