Regular haunts that survived

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Thanks, I'll maybe give it a go for lunch during the week when it's likely quieter. 

I had parma ham and cheese starter / steak main x 2 / crème brulee (sp) and a panacotta / 1 Leo and 1 coke and it was 990thb.

Good value, steaks were both excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7-11

Good to see you started your own thread, rather than trying to shut another thread down.   I am happy to contribute, but can you clarify "have survived best during Covid?"    The d

I agree the last people I want to talk to are the owners and managers, some people almost break a leg trying to do it and buy man drinks, a mystery of life

Posted Images

On 12/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Don Pepe opens on Thursday (3rd)

Anyone here been yet.? 

I apologise for being off topic. 

But as a goodwill gesture I will ask has anyone been to the Atelier.? Looks a connoisseurs kind of gaff. 

• 3 weeks later...

That one went down so well I'll try another. 

Small general update

Dicey Reillys was open last weekend, not sure about before or since. The small Katesiree has re-opened, the big one looks a bit shut. At risk of going off topic the Meeting Point has finally given up the struggle, for the moment at least. My regular places keep going but I know they are losing plenty. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

That one went down so well I'll try another. 

Small general update

Dicey Reillys was open last weekend, not sure about before or since. The small Katesiree has re-opened, the big one looks a bit shut. At risk of going off topic the Meeting Point has finally given up the struggle, for the moment at least. My regular places keep going but I know they are losing plenty. 

Meeting Point Soi Khao Talo? Ate there for the first time 2 nights ago. The food was disgusting.

35 minutes ago, polpott said:

Meeting Point Soi Khao Talo? Ate there for the first time 2 nights ago. The food was disgusting.

No the Meeting Point on 2nd Road between Wonderful 2 and the Lek. 

Just passed the Bodega a bit further along and they had at least 20 punters. Last night was the same, Christmas rush at last.!!!

11 hours ago, rott said:

No the Meeting Point on 2nd Road between Wonderful 2 and the Lek. 

Just passed the Bodega a bit further along and they had at least 20 punters. Last night was the same, Christmas rush at last.!!!

While all about them remains empty. What are they offering that is achieving this? Or was it just a large get together like I went to in Jomtiem recently... after a funeral. 

• Haha 1
On 12/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, jacko45k said:

While all about them remains empty. What are they offering that is achieving this? Or was it just a large get together like I went to in Jomtiem recently... after a funeral. 

Possibly they were balloon chasers.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Possibly they were balloon chasers.  

I've never seen a balloon at Bodega bar. Why do you keep making things up?

I'm not surprised Bodega bar would be doing okay, for me I found it because of being a no hassle bar with friendly staff and cold, cheap beer. Can easily see 20 expats there as they were pre-covid

Edited by aussiexpat
5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm not surprised Bodega bar would be doing okay, for me I found it because of being a no hassle bar with friendly staff and cold, cheap beer.

And don't forget that excellent selection of Cold Cuts.

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm not making anything up.  

They may have had a party there, hence why it was busy.  Thus, my balloon chaser comment.

Are you saying you have never seen one party there?

21 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm not surprised Bodega bar would be doing okay, for me I found it because of being a no hassle bar with friendly staff and cold, cheap beer. Can easily see 20 expats there as they were pre-covid

Nice to see you again ae, Bodega has been averaging not much more than half that for a while. That is what I've seen but it is open for 12 hours or so a day so poss not too bad. But compared to how busy they've been daytimes previously it ain't too good either. But now lockdown again so..? I don't know. 

Is the corner bar on soi six and second rd still open? I normally don't frequent any particular bar as I try as many different bars as I can on my infrequent sojourns to Pattaya. Only the most tasteful ones of course.

6 hours ago, Hugh Lao said:

Is the corner bar on soi six and second rd still open? I normally don't frequent any particular bar as I try as many different bars as I can on my infrequent sojourns to Pattaya. Only the most tasteful ones of course.

They were before the current order to close bars was announced the other day. 

• Thanks 1