Warning! Initial "12 month" retirement visa application.

Sounds like they did not believe you should have been given amnesty, but bless there souls as they ensured you did not have to leave and rectified your end date on your Non Imm O to their liking.  Totally sucks that they played this game with you.  Wish you luck in getting things on the right side.

• Like 1

It makes sense toe me the 12months start from o visa end date .but the problem with his visa now he has to be back in Thailand when the 12months is up.so could be a summer month .as most people if they go home would go home when hot.so look's like he now have to make sure he back in April......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why did you use a agent?

The reason I used an agent (which BTW only cost THB 14,000) is because of a friend's recommendation, and my personal experience with Jomtien imm'. It cost me 2 afternoons, and THB 300, being passed from counter to counter to photocopier, and back to various counters, simply to get my original visa evidence transferred from my expiring passport into my new one, in order to obtain a certificate of "legal stay status" up to the 26th Sep' (in spite of the amnesty) which Bangkok bank required from me to be able to open a bank a/c as a prelude to my applying for the retirement extension.

I do intend however, to do more research in the run-up to April, with a view to attempting a renewal by myself. Regarding the climate in the UK in April: It's not particularly warm at that time of year, so I don't have a problem being here at that time. Also, it doesn't look like the UK Covid situation will be much improved by April, so I'm quite happy to still be "stranded."

David.   

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this hapless peon does not drink. 

retirement extension could not be easier.  takes me two hours a year to do it.   

Let me guess what you do with that money you save.......waste it on women ????

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

You really should try to do it yourself,and save 14K i am sure you have better use for it,

I have never,ever used an agent,Last time took me 2 hours total from getting letter from

bank,going to IO, and walking out the door....

regards worgeordie

The system overwhelms some and they might be better off asking an agent to help. Others have no problem and can easily do it themselves. To each their own.

13 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

The system overwhelms some and they might be better off asking an agent to help. Others have no problem and can easily do it themselves. To each their own.

If I can do it anybody can,it's just getting a few papers in order,

as you said each to their own ????

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

The papers needed for a retirement extension if you meet the requirements is not that many. The TM7-form + copies of this and that and your done. Then < 10 minutes inside Jomtien Immigration if you go there after lunch 1pm. Then exactly same papers next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidhen said:

The reason I used an agent (which BTW only cost THB 14,000) is because of a friend's recommendation, and my personal experience with Jomtien imm'. It cost me 2 afternoons, and THB 300, being passed from counter to counter to photocopier, and back to various counters, simply to get my original visa evidence transferred from my expiring passport into my new one, in order to obtain a certificate of "legal stay status" up to the 26th Sep' (in spite of the amnesty) which Bangkok bank required from me to be able to open a bank a/c as a prelude to my applying for the retirement extension.

I do intend however, to do more research in the run-up to April, with a view to attempting a renewal by myself. Regarding the climate in the UK in April: It's not particularly warm at that time of year, so I don't have a problem being here at that time. Also, it doesn't look like the UK Covid situation will be much improved by April, so I'm quite happy to still be "stranded."

David.   

As far as I know there is only 1 counter at Jomtien which deals with transferring stamps to a new passport and only one form to fill in + copies from the old and new passport. There is also a checklist you can get from the front desk with every paper needed for the 1 year extension based on retirement. One form incl a photo, the bank letter from your bank + copies of this and that and you're done. Imo, there's not many immigration offices, if any, in Thailand where you have your annual extension in less than 10 min if you have the correct papers and go there after lunch 1pm. Don't complain just because you don't have a clue how to do it. Paying 14k for something really easy for a normal cost of ฿1900 + ฿100 for the bank letter is not very smart. Then the small money for the copies of course. 

• Like 2