Mazda 2 troubleshooting

Brunolem

On 9/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, Brunolem said:

I plan to buy something bigger now, like the new Nissan Kicks...looks interesting, an electric SUV that produces its own electricity...

If the Nissan had anything in common with the Renault Clio E-Tech I would buy one in a heartbeat. They are the same company. But alas no. Nissan didn't seem to borrow anything from their alliance brothers.

Or if they did they are doing a sh11t job of advertising it.

Edited by VocalNeal

41 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Thinking about this.

Does Mazda 2 have an option for larger wheels with low profile tires? This maybe the cause of the rattles? 

If one lives in the sticks don't go low profile?

If I'm not mistaken, they have an option for either 16" or 18" rims.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Thinking about this.

Does Mazda 2 have an option for larger wheels with low profile tires? This maybe the cause of the rattles? 

If one lives in the sticks don't go low profile?

Driving with the original wheels, with tyres at the recommended pressure. 

But, as others have explained, I am just experiencing a well known issue with the Mazda series... so well known in fact that the people at Mazda are not denying my claims, just trying to minimize them. 

Yet, this doesn't mean that ALL the Mazda cars experience this defect, as shown by other members... it seems to be a matter of luck... 

55 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If the Nissan had anything in common with the Renault Clio E-Tech I would buy one in a heartbeat. They are the same company. But alas no. Nissan didn't seem to borrow anything from their alliance brothers.

Or if they did they are doing a sh11t job of advertising it.

I have test driven the Nissan Kicks a couple of days ago. 

The weak point is that the car doesn't have a significant battery to store the electricity, just enough to propel the car for the next 3 km. 

This means that, in practice, both engines are constantly running... there is no EV mode, even if you experience EV driving...