Bite! - Any idea what creature made this?

Crossy

It looks a lot more like puncture wounds instead of a bit. When working in the yard/garden...I always seem to get stuff like that with no explanation. The bites (from tiny ants mainly always itch) so easy to tell the difference. Any barbed wire or metal fencing on your property ?

• Like 2

@tonray nope, it happened sometime yesterday a normal workday in the office although I did walk round to a contractors Mo Chit offices (about 10 minutes).

No garden activities except wandering out to feed the carp after work. The grass needs cutting so something could have been lurking and got disturbed.

I noticed when I jumped in the shower in the evening.

I'll just keep an eye on it, if anything unusual happens it's off to the doc.

looks like three sets of a double bite or puncture and the gap between the teeth or whatever is only a few millimeters apart. 

Pretty hard to distinguish what it was ... see how it goes for a few hours and if it gets any swelling or pain go straight to the hospital.  

• Like 2

Just now, mahjongguy said:

Assuming that is the bottom of your foot, my Thai gardener friend (who had suffered most every sort of wound) says it was something inanimate. Not likely to be any consequences as long as your tetanus shots are up to date.

Yeah, I wasn't clear, it's on the top. Tetanus is up to date but thanks for the reminder.

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Snake bite ...... 3 strikes.

2 straight on, then 1 at an angle as you moved away.

Let's hope it wasn't venomous, or if it was they were 'dry' strikes.

that's what it looks like to me.   Watch it very very carefully and monitor your own feelings. I would get them checked anyway.  

• Like 2

I've had these double puncture bites about three times, but not idea what they are. They last a few days, giving only mild irritation, but I do put iodine on them.

Only ever had them on my arms, so doubt if they were from a snake, as getting down to ground level is quite difficult for me.

Have you been in contact with any dogs?

It can also look like 2 scratch marks (starting from top of your pic and scratching downwards + the punctures look a little bit v-shaped = similar to scratch from top)

I get similar marks if one of our dogs have too sharp nails.

• Like 1