Bite! - Any idea what creature made this?

Crossy

35 minutes ago, blackcab said:

@Crossy Are you still alive?

Yup, still here, nothing's changed on the bite-site.

Unless whatever it was has a really slow acting venom I think I'm going to live.

We do have those big centipede chaps but apparently a nip from one of those is more than somewhat painful.

I got bitten or punctured by something in bed yrs ago when I was out in the sticks Korat way .. right at the corner of eye lid .. woke up in the morning with my peeper all shut and swollen .. doused a goodly bit of TCP on it but still took 2 days to subside .. don't know what done it or where it went .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Possibly, we do have those big bitey red ones.

Would you not feel a fire ant bite Crossy, I've been bitten on multiple occasions by the damn things and I certainly felt it, and although I have never been bitten by a snake surely you must know likewise. The only thing that has bitten me without feeling it is a mosquito.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

The only thing that has bitten me without feeling it is a mosquito.

Ticks, leeches, snakes can all bite without you feeling.

Here's one, didn't notice the bite .......

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/kyogle-snake-bite-victim-didnt-feel-thing/54163/

Loads of stories like it to be found.

Edited by BritManToo

I've been bitten by the ants in the past and for some reason I only notice the actual bite when I see the ants.

Possibly I didn't see the ants so didn't feel the bite.

Or maybe they only bite when I see them.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Looks like a scratch from something. Definitely not a bite(s). A scratch from a cat, iguana or similar clawed animal often looks like that. I think you just scrapped against something and didn't notice it at the time.

He also just got a scratch from something 555

DC28135F-222D-4FCF-BB8E-6F0A86813C97.jpeg

@Crossy

I showed your injury to my wife. She reckons one of the hairy catapillers.you may have brushed passed it. They  are a menace where i am. 

If youd been nipped by a Vietnamese centipede you would be in a bit more of a state. They can be deadly 

I got stung by a brown scorpian it hurt like buggery but was resolved with tiger balm. 

If venomous snake, you would know about by now. 

Hope this helps

Shaemus 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You're not the guy that had the spider bite bump that itched for a few days before becoming a small, painless lump and then he had a hot-water bath and all these wee black spiders erupted out of it like an arachnid Vesuvius?

No!

I'm the guy that sat on my tuffet, eating my curds and whey, when along came a spider that sat down beside me - so I smashed it's head in with my spoon.  :sorry:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

@tonray nope, it happened sometime yesterday a normal workday in the office although I did walk round to a contractors Mo Chit offices (about 10 minutes).

No garden activities except wandering out to feed the carp after work. The grass needs cutting so something could have been lurking and got disturbed.

I noticed when I jumped in the shower in the evening.

I'll just keep an eye on it, if anything unusual happens it's off to the doc.

Probably from the garden, i have had loads of these in the past i now spray my feet with mozy spray seems to prevent them. Apply vinegar regularly into the wounds until it stings like <deleted>, can take months to heal. Edit ; small grass hoppers have barbs on their legs they use for grip and if in your shoe then......

Edited by brianthainess

Top set left looks deeper than the one on its right and the ones below it,  maybe the critter had several goes at you with his head twisted and then another go below that with his head twisted the other way.

The top two sets of parallel bites look to be the same distance apart. Could you measure them with a vernier? If identical distance apart could be fangs,  just a thought............