Thailand Road Carnage: At least seven dead in early morning Korat tour bus smash - driver "fell asleep"

rooster59

Stupid Thai drivers. No school no skill no knowledge but very proud and aggressive. And on the othwr side? Stupid Thi politicians, no knowlwdge no will to do serious changes. Put me im charge and of I survive the job I will clean up Thailands traffic mess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why does the media call these tour buses? They aren't. They are a regular bus service and have nothing at all to do with any tour..

Perhaps because they were on a charter tour?  According to the BKK Post, there were 3 buses chartered for the group.  Survivors said the (now dead) driver dozed off at the wheel at least once, and the passengers asked him to take a break.  But he had a scheduled rendezvous with the other 2 buses so he soldiered on.

I don't think they allow the double deckers to do regular bus service.  I thought they outlawed them altogether, but it's probably a TIT thing.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1. There is a requirement that people riding the buses wear seat beats but they don’t enforce it. 
2. There is no safety road checks for anything in this country. Why, there are so many people, it’s a standard and norm to allow people to die in accidents. 
3. Make it your norm and standard to always watch your rear, stop at light regardless of right away because Thais don’t know it. 
4. Now they can RIP 

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Truck driver Thanasak said he had slowed before going through an intersection - the kind that just has flashing lights at night.

Those flashing orange lights are worthless and not just at night, during the day too. Might as well not be there at all.  No traffic order and insane driving is the obvious recipe for disaster.  

RIP to all those whose bodies were left strewn in the road.