Pheu Thai faces inner turmoil as Sudarat and five key members resign from their posts

Pheu Thai faces inner turmoil as Sudarat and five key members resign from their posts

By THE NATION

800_82861bc55543d92.jpg

In a surprise development, Sudarat Keyuraphan has quit as chief strategist of Pheu Thai Party.

In a Facebook post on Friday evening, she said: “Although I am no longer the chief strategist, I am still a party member who is committed to working for the people and pushing for the amendment of the Constitution. I would like to thank all people who have been supporting the party and me all these years, and thank other members of the strategic committee for their hard work and sacrifice.”

On the same day, four other members of Pheu Thai's strategic committee -- Kittiratt Na Ranong, Watana Muangsook, Phongthep Thepkanjana and Bhokin Balakul -- also posted on their Facebook pages that they had quit the committee. Party deputy secretary-general Jirayu Huangsub posted on FB that he too had resigned from his position.

A news source revealed that signs of disagreement within the party were visible since last week when MPs from the northeastern provinces refused to attend the party’s meeting because they were discontented with the current policies proposed by the strategic committee and the leadership of party chief Sompong Amornwiwat.

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395163?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-26

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Very interesting. Perhaps some more turbulence in the near future coming up.

The real fireworks have not begun yet.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, pegman said:

The real fireworks have not begun yet.

Not sure as they will pull strings and tricks  to keep power and they will use force if they see fit. They only care about  them, the Elite and? And it is they as a group formed council. If real fireworks are going to happen then that might entail spilt blood, but one thing is for sure, they will not give up their source of income easily without a cost. How much are the younger generation willing to go to is the question. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Since Nation doesn't want to do TVF threads about the real news, I'll just quote Thai Enquirer:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/18858/government-plans-to-dissolve-house-to-keep-senatorial-advantage-if-november-vote-goes-astray/

The game is now definitely on. The delay in voting will cause severe anger.

That would definitely tip the balance, the gloves would be off if the government try to pull a stunt like that.

• Like 1