Ex School director backs his Pajero through a wall at Chaiyaphum hospital

rooster59

Ex School director backs his Pajero through a wall at Chaiyaphum hospital

car.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that staff in the emergency room at Chaiyaphum Ram Hospital in muang district of the north eastern Thai city were shocked when they heard a loud noise outside. 

They rushed out to see that a man in a Pajero had reversed through a wall on the second floor into some air-conditioning units below.

The driver was a former school director aged 72. 

He was taken to ER but was not badly hurt - everyone agreed that it was lucky his fall was not far.

Daily News reported that the driver was at the hospital to visit a relative.

It was unclear what had caused him to reverse through the wall.

Sanook had a slightly different version of events.

They named the slightly injured driver as Priwat, aged 74.

They said that he had brought his wife in for a scheduled appointment and after delivering her he was looking for a parking space.

Source: Daily News and Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-26

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

For safety and manoeuvrability.

Unlike what you say, it is easier to turn backwards into a small opening than going in forward, because the steering wheels are then ‘at the back’. That is the reason why a forklift has its steering wheels on the back in stead of the front. It’s also easier to see the corners of the back of your vehicle in your mirrors than the corners of the front. 

As for safety, when you are on the road and stop, you control the traffic behind you and you have full view of what’s going on. Turn you indicator on past an open parking space and everyone behind will understand what’s the plan, and leave space to reverse turn back into the spot. When leaving the parking you then have a good view of crossing traffic and can pull out and accelerate. Doing the opposite will make leaving the parking space rather dangerous as you have to turn back into moving traffic going the opposite direction. 

BS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

in hangers. (big sheds for aircraft)

2 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Big sheds for aircraft are hangars. But then, as an aircraft towing driver, you know that....????

I was just trying to be helpful. To many people hangers are for airing cloths on. ????

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

All comedy aside, WHY the hell are Thais so obsessed with reverse-in parking? Seen time and time again they see an empty slot, go past it, then reverse turn into it. It's a lot easier to front into a small space then reverse back out into a bigger space when you leave, as opposed to vise versa. I understand when you're parking a pickup truck in front of Mackro so you can load up your purchases from the curb, but in a shopping mall or hospital - why what for? Is it a "hiso" thing, as in hey look I'm special? I simply don't get it. 

Believe it or not it's For safety reasons. If you visit a company in Scotland you must have an induction, where one gets taught, that if a building needs to be evacuated it's easier to drive straight out of your parking place than reverse. Therefore all cars are reversed parked.

Edited by Wavel
mistake

It is safer to leave a parked position driving forwards , you have all round visibility.

It / was against the law in the UK to reverse out into mainstream traffic .

You learnt to parallel park also , as it is easier to reverse into a confined space.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grusa said:

I totally disagree. In a tight situation, such as many mall carparks, it is much easier to turn in backwards. Also, once in, getting out is easy. If you had gone in forwards, all it takes is some a-hole to park too close, and you are stuffed!

If you park under a Robinsons, you just get boxed in by somebody to lazy to find their own parking space. TIT

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

All comedy aside, WHY the hell are Thais so obsessed with reverse-in parking? Seen time and time again they see an empty slot, go past it, then reverse turn into it. It's a lot easier to front into a small space then reverse back out into a bigger space when you leave, as opposed to vise versa. I understand when you're parking a pickup truck in front of Mackro so you can load up your purchases from the curb, but in a shopping mall or hospital - why what for? Is it a "hiso" thing, as in hey look I'm special? I simply don't get it. 

Yes i was always taught to drive into a tight space so you can reverse out into a wide space. I can drive in in 5 seconds while you wait for a minute watching the thais reverse their monster trucks into a tight space.

1 hour ago, Wavel said:

Believe it or not it's For safety reasons. If you visit a company in Scotland you must have an induction, where one gets taught, that if a building needs to be evacuated it's easier to drive straight out of your parking place than reverse. Therefore all cars are reversed parked.

It's a very good point and in fact it was the subject of the article I posted about earlier. (repeated below)

Brits are well versed in reversing of course. I suspect it's because of the tight spaces we have in our crowded communities. If you're not skilled in the art, many on-street parking places would be inaccessible to you. That's also true here of course.

I remember a number of years ago (quite a number!) when I had just finished reverse parking into a slot in a multi story in the UK. My daughter suddenly piped up from the back and said:

'Dad, how do you do that?'

'Do what?' I asked.

'You reverse into every parking place. You get it right first time, always. And YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK?'

Well, she was wrong about the last bit because I use the mirrors. ????

https://safestart.com/news/4-reasons-backing-parking-spaces-safer/

On 9/26/2020 at 4:12 AM, rooster59 said:

They named the slightly injured driver as Priwat

Carlos being his new nickname ..

On 9/26/2020 at 4:12 AM, rooster59 said:

They said that he had brought his wife in for a scheduled appointment and after delivering her

straight through the front of E R he went looking for a space .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1