Apply New Credit Card in Thailand

Martinxx0630

10 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

If you have the finance girl/boy who deals with payroll, ask the bank that does the payroll service, to speak to them, you will get a proper Credit Card, not one of these 'credit against your own funds' things.

240k should get you about 150-200k credit line.

They do give them, i've had one with SCB since 2012, one thing that is important (where Foreigners are concerned) the company must be a above board legit company which has an appearance of going somewhere, not a mom and pop store or similar, in my case we were developing a 150m$ resort, and had 60 staff on payroll (directly) that was set to extend to 200 when complete for the hotel side. 

We banked with SCB initially, and they had our history etc and then moved to Bangkok Bank later, so there was at least 5yrs history of the company and SCB for them to pull from.

i got a card from citibank which i recently got approved...credit limit around 400K..

8 hours ago, Martinxx0630 said:

my salary pay directly to Citibank Thailand...and i had a card from citibank with a 1.5 times credit limit of my salary..but i am looking for kbank / scb....

You already have one credit card. That means you have credit history. That should make things easier for you. It's always trouble getting the first one as there is no credit rating on you, but with a clean record, assuming you meet their criteria (you can check it on the websites of the banks in question and even get a pre-approval from them right on the web in many cases) there's a good chance you would be approved.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:00 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yes, you would need a minimum of three months.  And generally you will need to show payslips, not bank deposits.

And they ask you, tax payment proof, even it it's not stated in the required documents, i got rejected by amex, and asked why they said i not send them tax payment proof, after i send it, i got approved in 2 days.

On 9/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, kralledr said:

And they ask you, tax payment proof, even it it's not stated in the required documents, i got rejected by amex, and asked why they said i not send them tax payment proof, after i send it, i got approved in 2 days.

Amex rejected with no reason..i try to ask the sales person but she said she dont know the reason...

On 9/30/2020 at 9:45 PM, Martinxx0630 said:

Amex rejected with no reason..i try to ask the sales person but she said she dont know the reason...

Insist to talk to her/his supervisor, they will give you the reason 99% is a documet missing as it was in my case, he as well said (i dont know) until i insited to get the reason, and my case was re opened..

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, micmichd said:

Those ATMs at 7/11 sometimes can't read a modern ATM chip card,

All the 7/11 chip readers I’ve tried, even way out in the provinces, read my American Chase Visa dangerously quick. Amazing how money zips around the world. Makes it a lot quicker than a cash transaction. I’ve gotta stop using it tho. The balance isn’t “everywhere I want to be” anymore.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

All the 7/11 chip readers I’ve tried, even way out in the provinces, read my American Chase Visa dangerously quick. Amazing how money zips around the world. Makes it a lot quicker than a cash transaction. I’ve gotta stop using it tho. The balance isn’t “everywhere I want to be” anymore.

Yep, I have a similar one, with 1% cash back and no fees.  Does seem to work faster than MC.  FWIW, used my CIMB visa debit, as a visa card, in a us grocery chain, it was super fast.

Citi US just offered me an american airlines card..spend 3000 usd in the first three months and get 60k miles bonus..a one way is 37.5k miles.  And capital one sent me an offer if I spend 500 in the first three months, I get a 200 statement credit.  The Thai cards don't give anything nearly as good, and the consumer protection is a joke.