Someone to come to my house to assemble a computer, recommendations?

snicklebonkers

Anyone have any recommendations in BKK for a service/individual to come to my house (condo rather) and assemble a PC from parts?

I have cobbled together some spare parts from prior computers and bought a few new parts and have enough to build a PC, but I'm bad at it. I didnt buy enough parts from any one place to ask them to put it together for me.

Anyone have a suggestion for a company/service/person who is reliable, who I could hire to come by and put it all together?

Thanks

Snicks

I wonder what the Thai equivalent of "basket case" is as that is what US computer shops call it when a customer such as the OP brings in a bunch of parts needing final assembly.

OP:  Kidding aside, I suggest first you go to "PCPARTPICKER.COM"  They give you a template where you can enter the the model numbers of your various components and it will tell you which are compatible with your motherboard and CPU and which are not.  Once you have established you have compatible parts, get on YouTube. Many basic tutorials for first time computer builders.   You should also look-up your motherboard and find a wiring diagram.

Unless you find a local computer shop in your neighborhood, I doubt you will find any one willing to take up such a task.

Edited by dddave

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 12:24 PM, dddave said:

I wonder what the Thai equivalent of "basket case" is as that is what US computer shops call it when a customer such as the OP brings in a bunch of parts needing final assembly.

OP:  Kidding aside, I suggest first you go to "PCPARTPICKER.COM"  They give you a template where you can enter the the model numbers of your various components and it will tell you which are compatible with your motherboard and CPU and which are not.  Once you have established you have compatible parts, get on YouTube. Many basic tutorials for first time computer builders.   You should also look-up your motherboard and find a wiring diagram.

Unless you find a local computer shop in your neighborhood, I doubt you will find any one willing to take up such a task.

Thanks for the input. I wound up doing it myself as you suggested! I was quite afraid I was going to fry everything and be left with a smouldering pile of broken electronics but believe it or not I managed to cobble it all together!!  Youtube was key. A lot of the written instructions, I really couldnt figure out exactly what they were saying to do, a video is worth a thousand words for sure.

I called a few shops but as expected they werent interested in assembling a computer unless I was also buying most of the parts from them. I think the assembly service is mostly something they do to bring in hardware sales.

Thanks all for the advice

Edited by snicklebonkers