Jump to content
BANGKOK
fpexpert

Used Scooter spares near Hua Hin?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Does anyone no of a shop or breakers near or in Hua Hin that sells used scooter spares. I'm sure i have passed such a place on the main road from Bangkok to Hua Hin on the left side of the road but cannot remember how far out it was from Hua Hin? I need an Aerox speedo/display and apart from the expense of a new one there is also a delay due to Covid! I.m sure there must be others around, these scooters must go somewhere to die!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I know the one you mean.  It is on the left as you leave Petchaburi.  More of a roadside shack than a shop.  I have been there and I doubt you will find what you are looking for there.  Mostly much older bike parts.

 

Poonsup market in Pathumthani would be a better bet for what you are looking for.  I don't know the exact address for Poonsup but it is within about 1km of the Stanley Auto elelectrical factory which you can probably find using Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

I think I know the one you mean.  It is on the left as you leave Petchaburi.  More of a roadside shack than a shop.  I have been there and I doubt you will find what you are looking for there.  Mostly much older bike parts.

 

Poonsup market in Pathumthani would be a better bet for what you are looking for.  I don't know the exact address for Poonsup but it is within about 1km of the Stanley Auto elelectrical factory which you can probably find using Google.

Yes we are probably talking about the same place but it is a large shack! If its just outside Petchaburi i will have a ride up there next week. Poonsup Market is over 4 hrs from me so i'll leave that till a last option. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... how the heck did you kaput the meter?

How much costs a new one.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this is an Aerox weakness, my friend had the display disappear on his, half the LCD just went blank...

 

His is a Feb 2017, he took it to Yamaha dealer where he bought it from, they said up to 3 years or 30k km is under warranty, they changed it for him for free...!!! Funny enough he had 33k km and 2 years and 10 months, but they couldn't see mileage as LCD was kaput, from his service book it showed last service at 27k km, so they took his word ....., and also did not set it, they left it at zero   ! , now he says his bike is low mileage... lol 😂.

 

Lucky <deleted>, Honda didn't do it for my Forza LCD blue light failure, point blank said the dash is not covered - not sure exactly if it was for one year only or not covered at all...!  , mine was less than 2.5 years and only a few k km then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, papa al said:

... how the heck did you kaput the meter?

How much costs a new one.?

Sun damage, seems quite common, new one is approx 4000 Baht if they can get one!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think it's sun damage too, forgot to say the price is about 3700b from Yamaha, no idea if that includes installation...

 

Compare that to 9000b for Forza (this incl. installation) - be grateful you are on a small scooter...! 🤗

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, but wouldn't changing a speedo over involve The DLT etc, you are basically changing the mileage the bike has done. If it was that easy wouldn't everyone be grabbing a low kilometre speedo just before selling a vehicle. What if a 2nd hand one has big kilometres on it ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't changing a speedo over involve The DLT etc, you are basically changing the mileage the bike has done. If it was that easy wouldn't everyone be grabbing a low kilometre speedo just before selling a vehicle. What if a 2nd hand one has big kilometres on it ?

These el-cheapo speedos are stupidly easy to manipulate. It is, lets say, not unheard of that second hand shops modify the milage down significantly. Also for cars.

 

And the DLT couldn't care less about the milage of a vehicle. It has no relevance to them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't changing a speedo over involve The DLT etc, you are basically changing the mileage the bike has done. If it was that easy wouldn't everyone be grabbing a low kilometre speedo just before selling a vehicle. What if a 2nd hand one has big kilometres on it ?

This is very true in farangland, in UK they record mileage on title deed after every transaction, or on dealer computer after service, and I'm pretty sure any manipulation of mileage must go through the proper procedure and channels - set as before or recorded etc. ...

 

But in LOS - simply put... "Mai pen rai..." ...!😂

 

Anybody can come up with an easy device to give the un-modified mileage or at least say if it is modified, would make a killing here. But if it's modified on ECU no way to tell...! (?)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should anyone be interested, i have found the "bike breakers"  near Phetchaburi by working my way along the road on Google maps. It is located on route 4 and on the left side of the road about 1.4kms past Kofuku Coffee and Bistro coming from Phetchaburi to Hua Hin.

I will have a ride there next week to see if they have what i need as i can't find anything nearer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fpexpert said:

Should anyone be interested, i have found the "bike breakers"  near Phetchaburi by working my way along the road on Google maps. It is located on route 4 and on the left side of the road about 1.4kms past Kofuku Coffee and Bistro coming from Phetchaburi to Hua Hin.

I will have a ride there next week to see if they have what i need as i can't find anything nearer!

Is this the one : 

 

เอ ร้านซื้อขายรถมือสอง

Petchkasem Rd, Tham Rong, Ban Lat District, Phetchaburi 76150, Thailand

 

https://goo.gl/maps/b66meHyQMVJgQfYs6

 

I don't see any phone number for them in Google Maps, could you get their number and post it please...

 

They are far from Phuket, but maybe I can arrange delivery. I would be interested to see if they have a Forza 2016 dashboard and how much they want for it...!?

 

Cheers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the LCD display is a common fault then wouldn't a used one also be at risk? 

Just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Spares are easy in Thailand. HuaHin probably has daily deliveries from Bangkok.

OR take the bike to a non - aligned mechanic and let him find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

If the LCD display is a common fault then wouldn't a used one also be at risk? 

Just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Spares are easy in Thailand. HuaHin probably has daily deliveries from Bangkok.

OR take the bike to a non - aligned mechanic and let him find one.

I have the polarizing film to repair the display but cracked mine removing it! I won't do that a second time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Is this the one : 

 

เอ ร้านซื้อขายรถมือสอง

Petchkasem Rd, Tham Rong, Ban Lat District, Phetchaburi 76150, Thailand

 

https://goo.gl/maps/b66meHyQMVJgQfYs6

 

I don't see any phone number for them in Google Maps, could you get their number and post it please...

 

They are far from Phuket, but maybe I can arrange delivery. I would be interested to see if they have a Forza 2016 dashboard and how much they want for it...!?

 

Cheers.

 

Hi,

Looking on Google earth again at the shop/shed there are two phone numbers on the sign outside, 088 5433582 and 087 4022154. Hope this is of some use.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...