New official airline entry list from Thai Embassy London

tso310

My attempts at translating are probably wrong but it looks like the official list of airlines that you can use now as officially increased. Emirates was due to finish on Oct 24. The London Embassy will issue CoE for the following airlines into Thailand, EVA, Emirates, Qatar, Etihad and Singapore. There was also an indication that Thai would now be on every Sunday, TG917 as part of the repat program. A lot of confusion so far from the Thai community in the UK as to whether its booking direct with Thai or via the normal embassy registration.

ThaiEmb25Sept1.jpg

ThaiEmb25Sept.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tso310 said:

My attempts at translating are probably wrong but it looks like the official list of airlines that you can use now as officially increased. Emirates was due to finish on Oct 24. The London Embassy will issue CoE for the following airlines into Thailand, EVA, Emirates, Qatar, Etihad and Singapore.

My other half translated the airline bit with an "and so on" tagged on and says it means any airline and the ones mentioned were just examples.

Can you post a link to the original page - I can't find it on the Embassy site.

43 minutes ago, treetops said:

Facebook before their own website - amazing!

Looks like it's saying Thais may also use these airlines but will then have to pay for quarantine (ASQ)?

Cetainly SQs have only been available on Government organised flights, irrespective of the carrier. Interestingly my wife was on last Sundays TG917 and she is in an SQ not on the official SQ  or ASQ list. The Divalux  Resort just around the corner from Swampy in Srisa Chorakhe Noi. Very good rooms and a balcony but food is below average. Seems to have improved after complaints particularly as lunch and diner were always cold. 

I should add that the Facebook page is the normal method the Embassy uses to get information out to the UKs Thai community and receive numerous complaints back.

Edited by tso310
Added more info

10 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Interestingly my wife was on last Sundays TG917 and she is in an SQ not on the official SQ  or ASQ list. The Divalux  Resort just around the corner from Swampy in Srisa Chorakhe Noi.

This one in Samut Prakan?  Number 25 on the SQ list.

image.png.0a5ecad3ac5364e272b036916dc9b9fa.png

22 hours ago, treetops said:

Facebook before their own website - amazing!

Looks like it's saying Thais may also use these airlines but will then have to pay for quarantine (ASQ)?

This allows you to fly with a few other airlines than Thai Airways. That's all. Every other requirement is the same, of course. 

Could the Thai Embassy in London cope with all the applications for a C.O.E. if all the 6 flights were fully booked and would there be enough rooms to accommodate the passengers in quarantine ?

Emirates had an insurance policy for Covid, is it still in place and will the other airlines follow suit to try and fill the planes ?

The Sunday TG917 flights can now be booked directly with Thai. First flight 4 October. If you book directly then you have to use an ASQ, if via the embassy registration, Thais only,  its an SQ. I assume non Thais can book directly, I don't know if there is limit, but its £589. Cheaper if you use other airlines.

Edited by tso310
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tso310 said:

If you book directly then you have to use an ASQ, if via the embassy registration, Thais only,  its an SQ. 

That's what I thought as well until this morning, when the Embassy's registration still didn't show any flights. Now i'm thinking Thais opting for SQ can also book directly from the Thai Airways website for the following reasons: 

1) One of the posts on their FB page shows a screenshot on how to book with Thai Airways, and mentions to choose Sunday only, so I imagine it is aimed towards all Thais regardless of the quarantine option. 

2) The following post simply mentions that detention for Thai people has two requirements: A TA flight and on a Sunday.

3) In fact, there's no mention or link to their registration system since last month. 

That being said, I'm still pending payment on my flight reservation... 

Edited by mnop

8 hours ago, mnop said:

That's what I thought as well until this morning, when the Embassy's registration still didn't show any flights. Now i'm thinking Thais opting for SQ can also book directly from the Thai Airways website for the following reasons: 

Yes seems to have all changed from this morning. Total confusion on the Facebook page. One person asking for a Thai to Thai translation.

Anyone (Thais and foreigners) can book the tickets directly from airline websites or travel agents but only Thais on Thai Airways flights (TG 917) will be quarantined in SQ. Thais who will be flying with other airlines must be quarantined in ASQ.