Amnesty to be extended to October 31

2 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Ohhh what a surprise! Not!

i told everyone they would extend, and I tell you know, they will extend it again after this extension, it’s so obvious.

Then we should follow you and not rely on news media articles.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If so they will end up with the same situation at the end of October what they have now.

Only to some degree, quite a few people have left by now or converted to a non-immigrant visa.

22 minutes ago, Oldie said:

And the people will be quite sure that there will be another amnesty.

If Prayut would say "this is definitely the last extension", then people will believe it.

24 minutes ago, Oldie said:

People that departed already might feel like idiots because they cared about the existing regulations. 

And what happens with the people that payed the 1900 Baht for an extension already? Money back? 

Publicity wise it's not their best move. Money back won't happen, people who paid 1900 at the beginning of April also had to suck it up.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Wow a whole 4 extra days ????

After almost 3 decades here I have the same experience - often I don't know the weekday, the month and the year. I got used to it... 

Edited by Oldie
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

we're <deleted> off that we wasted that time and money.

Not really. In my case and many others, we still needed a "real" stamp to convert to a Non-B or other long stay visas, as this wasn't possible with the automatic Covid extension.

Hats off to Thai immigration for this immense show of understanding.

8 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Not really. In my case and many others, we still needed a "real" stamp to convert to a Non-B or other long stay visas, as this wasn't possible with the automatic Covid extension.

This was also possible without paying 1900THB, but of course immigration kept their mouth shut about it:

• Like 2