Amnesty to be extended to October 31

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

Ohhh what a surprise! Not!

i told everyone they would extend, and I tell you know, they will extend it again after this extension, it’s so obvious.

The only reason why they are considering extending the amnesty is because of many people attending immigration offices all trying to get visa extensions , so, they would unlikely extend the amnesty again 

• Like 1

I'm not convinced, why did they issue a notice that monday would be acceptable to apply for a further extension of stay, due to the long queues? Why was this not reported yesterday (according to the source, Prayut approved it on Friday) and why aren't any of the mainstream media covering this? I'll be slightly annoyed, as i've wasted a perfectly good extension, but grateful that there seems to be movement on allowing people to stay. Perhaps this will lead to a longer term solution (IF it is true.)

On a side note, at least we'll all have something to fret and talk about now. I was wondering what would happen to TV without some amnesty gossip to muse over...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

I'm not convinced, why did they issue a notice that monday would be acceptable to apply for a further extension of stay, due to the long queues? Why was this not reported yesterday (according to the source, Prayut approved it on Friday) and why aren't any of the mainstream media covering this? I'll be slightly annoyed, as i've wasted a perfectly good extension, but grateful that there seems to be movement on allowing people to stay. Perhaps this will lead to a longer term solution (IF it is true.)

On a side note, at least we'll all have something to fret and talk about now. I was wondering what would happen to TV without some amnesty gossip to muse over...

CW sent everyone home Saturday morning. Why would they do that if amnesty wasn't extended? I think the reason it took so long is that the people running this country aren't very competent as the leaders elsewhere in the region (Malaysia, Vietnam and Taiwan spring quickly to mind). I doubt it will lead to a long term solution. They will just keep the pressure on us to bribe or leave.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Both the immigration official at MTT and US Embassy told me they had no idea what would happen after Sept 26 and now we know why. At MTT, I asked what to do when about re-extending when I come back to get my under consideration stamp changed on Oct 21, and they said they didn't know and wait for a new announcement. The new announcement was that I should not have bothered going in on Wednesday.

This happened both in April and now in September when I was a good boy and got the emergency extension before my validity to stay ended.. Next time I think I will wait till it is past due to get my emergency extension with embassy letter. Let's face is there is probably still well more than 100k foreigners here and there will continuously have this problem so they should just follow Malaysia's lead and extend us all until sometime next year and allow us to stay until the Asian borders open and we can get to where we need to be or use the MFA Consulates in other countries to get our visas and not have to deal with immigration corruption.

Makes sense

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

CW sent everyone home Saturday morning. Why would they do that if amnesty wasn't extended? I think the reason it took so long is that the people running this country aren't very competent as the leaders elsewhere in the region (Malaysia, Vietnam and Taiwan spring quickly to mind). I doubt it will lead to a long term solution. They will just keep the pressure on us to bribe or leave.

Can anyone confirm being sent home from CW... or any IO office due to another announcement? Could be some classic clickbait

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If 1900 Baht is nothing to you, could you give me 1900 Baht ?

I will be going out for a beer tonight , I will PM you the bar and you can come and give me 1900 Baht, thanks

Cheers i join lol, best beer is free beer ! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Are you suitably embarrassed by your blunder? 

Did your pharmacy run out of your prescription again? Nothing official has been made, there is no “blunder” and it would make zero sense to extend the amnesty only 4 days at the last minute. Use your brain.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

I would suggest you change that to 35 days and remove the wow.

Official announcement where? Did you even read the article?

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Both the immigration official at MTT and US Embassy told me they had no idea what would happen after Sept 26 and now we know why. At MTT, I asked what to do when about re-extending when I come back to get my under consideration stamp changed on Oct 21, and they said they didn't know and wait for a new announcement. The new announcement was that I should not have bothered going in on Wednesday.

This happened both in April and now in September when I was a good boy and got the emergency extension before my validity to stay ended.. Next time I think I will wait till it is past due to get my emergency extension with embassy letter. Let's face is there is probably still well more than 100k foreigners here and there will continuously have this problem so they should just follow Malaysia's lead and extend us all until sometime next year and allow us to stay until the Asian borders open and we can get to where we need to be or use the MFA Consulates in other countries to get our visas and not have to deal with immigration corruption.

Looks like that's what will happen. 

Same thing occurred in Indonesia and Vietnam. Both have extended their amnesties, Vietnam provisionally until Sep 30 and Indonesia until Oct 5, but with limited flights those dates will come and go and there will be another one month extension at least. 

I suspect what might happen is that you go back for your stamp and get a Oct 31 stamp instead of Oct 26, and then you wait and see for the next extension.

Those that want to spend longer here without all this uncertainty should just use agents to get a 12-15 month extension. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Is making posts like that your way of compensating for your smallness in other areas Mr Max69xl?

Anyway it's not just about the money but the fact that I wasted a lot of time and I won't be able to use that extension again.

I was under the impression that there are “unlimited” tourist visa extensions every 30 days until the borders are open or until further announcement.. you didn’t waste anything because you can go and get another one every month, I thought?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I was under the impression that there are “unlimited” tourist visa extensions every 30 days until the borders are open or until further announcement.. you didn’t waste anything because you can go and get another one every month, I thought?

Evidently that was an immigration official talking out his butt since both the US embassy and MTT told me there was no directive for what would happen after Sept 26.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Evidently that was an immigration official talking out his butt since both the US embassy and MTT told me there was no directive for what would happen after Sept 26.

No, there was an email with the word “unlimited extentions” which implied you could just keep renewing until they start allowing tourists in the old way and border runs were back to normal. If that’s the case then I can’t complain. 

• Like 1