CCTV comes up trumps! Former secretary has been stealing from ex-mayor for years

rooster59

CCTV comes up trumps! Former secretary has been stealing from ex-mayor for years

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTY1MS84MjU5OTU0LzEwLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

A former mayor of Nong Mai Daeng district in Chonburi went to the Don Hua Lor police after discovering that her former secretary had been stealing from her every day for years.

Tuangthip said that "Su", 29, had come to live with her when she was nine as a favor to her mother.

After graduating from school she had given her a job as her personal secretary.

Even after she married and had a child she continued to live at the house. 

But one thing puzzled her over the years. Money kept going missing and over the last five years it had been 10,000 to 20,000 baht a day. Some days 200,000 baht had gone. 

She reckoned that 10 million had been stolen in total. 

Finally three weeks ago she put in some CCTV in her bedroom and all was revealed. 

Su was caught on tape stealing nearly two dozen times.

Tuangthip had always wondered why Su managed to have such a lavish lifestyle on her 12,000 baht monthly salary.

Police found that Su had five bank accounts and about 4 million baht in total. 

She claimed that she had only been stealing for 2 years. She blamed her greed. 

She is now in the custody of the police on charges of theft and embezzlement.

Tuangthip said this should serve as a warning to others about letting outsiders into the family.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-26

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Hmmm. Ms Tuangthip does not sound like the sharpest tool in the box.

Must be mega rich if you don't miss all that money going missing. Still, with the super rich locals probably a case of easy come easy go.

Edited by trucking
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

But one thing puzzled her over the years. Money kept going missing and over the last five years it had been 10,000 to 20,000 baht a day. Some days 200,000 baht had gone. 

Over 5 years... at those figures, yee gods !

• Haha 2

I am a bit different, I know exactly where my money is!  And how much!   A couple of years ago I  left 18k baht in the little zipper pocket in my shorts which went through the wash.  That was the first time I didn't know where my money was ever!  Got it back the next day as good as new.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, genericptr said:

Since this is Thailand I suspect the ex-mayor made this allegation in order to appear fabulously rich to the filthy unwashed masses.

"Look at me, I lost 20k a day for years and didn't even notice because I have so much money. I lose more in a single day than I pay my lousy personal assistant in a month." "ฉันรวยมากๆๆๆ"

Next time I see a mayor I won't forget how much money they have and I will hang my head in shame as I drive away on my 100cc motorbike.

It works very well in Thailand .Despite being Buddhist money and Gold for many are their real Gods 

On 9/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, trucking said:

Hmmm. Ms Tuangthip does not sound like the sharpest tool in the box.

Must be mega rich if you don't miss all that money going missing. Still, with the super rich locals probably a case of easy come easy go.

I think most Thais know to the nearest 25 satang how much is in their purse.  Her failure to report this for a number of years suggests the secretary know too much about how the mayor acquired these mega-bucks.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, rooster59 said:

Easy come...easy go.... how could she not possibly know, it's not like it was a bit loose change.something the

tax man needs to take a close look at.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1