Video of Thai driving: Accident at intersection in Krabi

rooster59

Video of Thai driving: Accident at intersection in Krabi

1601044750379.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded reported on an accident at the Ban Nop intersection in Ao Leuk, Krabi at 1.45 pm yesterday.

CCTV showed a Vigo pick-up was turning into a soi on a green light when a Fortuner came through the intersection at high speed. 

A motorcyclist waiting in the soi was lucky to escape injury after jumping off his bike.

Only one person was injured and the Ao Leuk police were investigating. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-26

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tracker1 said:

He also failed his color blind test but what the heck !

What? This is very normal in here. Many drivers dosen't have any sense of physics or anything else on the road. So many times I almost had accident while driving my car in the same intersection while people drive red lights. 

Once big bus drive through the red light and I ended up to hospital, back then I drove motorbike. 

• Sad 2

So who is at fault? The one turning right or the one going straight? There is no traffic light to assess from the video.

I've seen many Thai going through the junction just when the lights turn yellow.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

What? This is very normal in here. Many drivers dosen't have any sense of physics or anything else on the road. So many times I almost had accident while driving my car in the same intersection while people drive red lights. 

Once big bus drive through the red light and I ended up to hospital, back then I drove motorbike. 

There is little in the way of spatial awareness.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

CCTV showed a Vigo pick-up was turning into a soi on a green light when a Fortuner came through the intersection at high speed. 

A motorcyclist waiting in the soi was lucky to escape injury after jumping off his bike.

Did he not see anything on the crossing, he seems to make no attempt at avoiding anything, he even comes full circle and has another go at the motorcycle, just for good measure.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

And  what you drive now a Tiger Tank

On 9/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, EricTh said:

So who is at fault? The one turning right or the one going straight? There is no traffic light to assess from the video.

I've seen many Thai going through the junction just when the lights turn yellow.

The one turning across the path of the one going straight on is in the wrong unless there were lights giving the pick up a green.

Edited by Huckenfell
not finished
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 1:12 AM, EricTh said:

That also happens in many Western countries as well as going through red lights.  Many people on TVF make negative comments about Thais and their behaviours, customs, culture, etc., but fail to remove the rose-tinted glasses they wear concerning such events even in their home country.  Many of those making the comments have not been back to their home country for a long time and live in a slightly delusional atmosphere but they know that all things there are MUCH better than Thailand and their comments purport to show how things should be done because that is how they are done "back home" even if they are not.

'nuf sed.

Edited by wotsdermatter

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 7:46 AM, wotsdermatter said:

That also happens in many Western countries as well as going through red lights.  Many people on TVF make negative comments about Thais and their behaviours, customs, culture, etc.,

i cross yellow light but i always count to make sure

my front wheel will cross the line before it turns red or i will abort, i can claim it was not safe to stop,

but theres never an excuse to cross a red light