BANGKOK
rooster59

Video of Thai driving: Accident at intersection in Krabi

Video of Thai driving: Accident at intersection in Krabi

1601044750379.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded reported on an accident at the Ban Nop intersection in Ao Leuk, Krabi at 1.45 pm yesterday.

CCTV showed a Vigo pick-up was turning into a soi on a green light when a Fortuner came through the intersection at high speed. 

A motorcyclist waiting in the soi was lucky to escape injury after jumping off his bike.

Only one person was injured and the Ao Leuk police were investigating. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-26

• Haha 2

He also failed his color blind test but what the heck !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tracker1 said:

He also failed his color blind test but what the heck !

What? This is very normal in here. Many drivers dosen't have any sense of physics or anything else on the road. So many times I almost had accident while driving my car in the same intersection while people drive red lights. 

Once big bus drive through the red light and I ended up to hospital, back then I drove motorbike. 

• Sad 2

And the carnage continues. Has anyone ever seen a car, truck or two-wheeler, pulled over for a moving traffic violation? 

• Thanks 2

So who is at fault? The one turning right or the one going straight? There is no traffic light to assess from the video.

I've seen many Thai going through the junction just when the lights turn yellow.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

What? This is very normal in here. Many drivers dosen't have any sense of physics or anything else on the road. So many times I almost had accident while driving my car in the same intersection while people drive red lights. 

Once big bus drive through the red light and I ended up to hospital, back then I drove motorbike. 

There is little in the way of spatial awareness.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Fortuner came through the intersection at high speed

very unfortunate .. 15/16 secs in is it the same Fortuna doing a sighting lap .. love the bit at the end where it doesn't even stop .. proper destruction derby .. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

CCTV showed a Vigo pick-up was turning into a soi on a green light when a Fortuner came through the intersection at high speed. 

A motorcyclist waiting in the soi was lucky to escape injury after jumping off his bike.

Did he not see anything on the crossing, he seems to make no attempt at avoiding anything, he even comes full circle and has another go at the motorcycle, just for good measure.

• Haha 2