Beer Stays Cooler in Bottles or Cans

EVENKEEL

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

oh God, you should be immediately banned from TVF for life, for having appalling taste if nothing else.  And shunned in any hostelry with any sense of what is right.  As a Yorkshire Man, warm beer is not only very good for you, its cooling.  Of course, you never need cooling in Yorkshire, but that's beside the point.  I think I'm going to throw up. 

Have your man servant hold vomit bin.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Aluminum is an excellent conductor, so while beer will cool faster in a can, it will also heat up faster. Plus, with a can, you are holding it where the liquid is. Glass is not a great insulator, but far better than aluminum. Most people also hold a bottle by the neck, so their warm hand isn't at the liquid level.

Why not use a can cozy or for that matter one on the bottle, they make them with cold liners so your beer stays cold and no ice needed.

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Whether bottle or can in a cooler it will stay cool.

Beer in cans taste different to beer in a bottle, I still drink from both but prefer bottle.

Sometimes beer in bottles tastes like ar_e. The reason might be that it's too old and was sitting in the sun too long.

IMO, I like fresh beer and it tastes good in cans and in bottles. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

oh God, you should be immediately banned from TVF for life, for having appalling taste if nothing else.  And shunned in any hostelry with any sense of what is right.  As a Yorkshire Man, warm beer is not only very good for you, its cooling.  Of course, you never need cooling in Yorkshire, but that's beside the point.  I think I'm going to throw up. 

I have to marvel at the commercial nous of the UK beer industry. By training Brits to drink warm beer, they saved themselves millions in refrigeration costs.

Bottles will stay cooler longer, heat transfer through thick glass is slower than through thin metal.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Sometimes beer in bottles tastes like ar_e. The reason might be that it's too old and was sitting in the sun too long.

IMO, I like fresh beer and it tastes good in cans and in bottles. 

I am wondering how you know what ar_e tastes like.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

No chance of getting warm in my house

Oh you must do the cans shotgun style, very nice.  Miss the college days of a 6 pack in the old beer bong (Large funnel with rubber tubing.  You filled up the Funnel and then shot the whole 6 pack down the tube and into your gullet...fun was had by all.  It was the beer pong that rocked.

Image result for Beer Bong GifBeer Bong Birthday GIF

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Glass is not a great insulator,

...and one hundred electrical linesmen say, "What?!"

Back on topic, I prefer small bottles to cans and although my fridge is bloody cold, I stick the bottle in the freezer for maybe 10-15 minutes before I open it to give it a really cold edge that lasts longer once opened.

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Aluminum is an excellent conductor, so while beer will cool faster in a can, it will also heat up faster. Plus, with a can, you are holding it where the liquid is. Glass is not a great insulator, but far better than aluminum. Most people also hold a bottle by the neck, so their warm hand isn't at the liquid level.

Oh dear I must be what they call a hi-so I guess, drinking beer from a can or bottle is not the way to drink beer, it should be poured into a glass anything else is uncouth.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh you must do the cans shotgun style, very nice.  Miss the college days of a 6 pack in the old beer bong (Large funnel with rubber tubing.  You filled up the Funnel and then shot the whole 6 pack down the tube and into your gullet...fun was had by all.  It was the beer pong that rocked.

Image result for Beer Bong GifBeer Bong Birthday GIF

The British equivalent is a Yard of Ale ...

Heat transfers slower through glass than can.

If both are cooled in ice then it will take longer to cool in bottles, but in time they will reach the same temperature.

If you then take both cooled bottled and canned beer out of the fridge, the canned beer will heat up quicker.

• Thanks 1