Beer Stays Cooler in Bottles or Cans

EVENKEEL

If you are very dedicated, there is a certain temp you can put your freezer where it does freeze the bottle/glass but will never blow up in the freezer. Thhere used to be a liquor store that kept a freezer like this and i loved it but could never quite get the nerve up to duplicate the temp in my home freezer.

Bottles are definitely better, the glass will for sure hold very low temps longer than the tin/aluminum can. Those metals lose heat very fast and are also very thin. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Before going to the beach I prep the cans in the freezer for 30 min then put in small cooler with ice. I drink Heinekin, not sure if that should matter. Anyways I'm a can fan for now.

Heineken tastes best poured from a can into a glass.  In bottles it tends to skunk.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:38 AM, Lacessit said:

I have to marvel at the commercial nous of the UK beer industry. By training Brits to drink warm beer, they saved themselves millions in refrigeration costs.

Bottles will stay cooler longer, heat transfer through thick glass is slower than through thin metal.

Chilling beer (and malt whisky) kills a lot of the taste threfore beer should be cool but no mre and definitely no ice in malt whisky/

On 9/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Before going to the beach I prep the cans in the freezer for 30 min then put in small cooler with ice. I drink Heinekin, not sure if that should matter. Anyways I'm a can fan for now.

I do the big heiny cans...paid 684 yesterday.  Heineken is one of the few beers that often is better in the cans..the metallic taste kind of takes the edge off the skunkiness.  I fill pepsi max 1.45 liter bottles with tap water and freeze it.  Break it in two, and that will keep six large cold for hours.  Gotta have a hugger, too.

Edited by moontang