2 inch floordrain to pipe connection

Polarizing

I imported a linear floordrain from the US and I'm wondering how I should make the connection to the drain pipe. Both are the same size. I also bought a "rubber drain base flange"(see link), because I thought I might need it for install.

However, since I live in a condo and want to have the drain flush with the floor without making the floor much higher, I don't think I can use the "rubber drain base flange".

The juristic and my neighbour downstairs probably won't be too happy if I make a hole too large to install that thing. Is there something like a simple connector to make it happen? 

I think a rubber sleeve that wraps around the drain and the pipe will work with some glue or maybe clamps, but I'm not a plumbing expert so curious what you all think!

Edited by Polarizing

16 minutes ago, uncleP said:

2Inch? 3 or 4 for a drain. I put 4 inch soils and drains in my house . 1 1/2 or 2 from sink or bath into 3 or 4. Soil straps fit on an existing drain to take a glued or pushfit pipe. 

I think we are talking about something different. I meant to install https://www.amazon.com/ZOIC-Stealth-Bathroom-Drain-304-stainless/dp/B01ARB51GO in my bathroom.

1 hour ago, Polarizing said:

Isn't that a similar setup as with the imported one? I still have to drill a hole to my lower neighbour to mount the flange base. 

Yes but you don’t need fittings that are not available in Thailand.

I also have an imported drain that I probably can’t ever use. ???? 

Retro fitting a linear drain means about 75mm, or more, floor hight change.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes but you don’t need fittings that are not available in Thailand.

I also have an imported drain that I probably can’t ever use. ???? 

What do you think of a rubber coupling , or the @uncleP method? The neighbor downstairs would probably come with a gun if I drill a hole through the floor to his unit. XD

2 hours ago, Polarizing said:

What do you think of a rubber coupling , or the @uncleP method? The neighbor downstairs would probably come with a gun if I drill a hole through the floor to his unit. XD

Impossible to say really as there’s not enough information. 

as I said retrofit of a linear drain without raising the floor level substantially or having access from underneath is going to be very difficult. The base needs to be fitted into the floor before adding the drain pan then tiling around and in it. 

some pictures may be helpful.

24 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

some pictures may be helpful.

https://imgur.com/a/07uTqw4 
Seems like they just put the drain on the pipe with tile cement around it. Which means to me it would be always possible to retrofit it the 'thai way', just trying to find something better. What would be the challenge of uncleP's way or the rubber coupling? Except for the pvc to crack while I try to enlarge it. Btw what glue do I need to glue pvc/rubber to metal?

Seems like they just put the drain on the pipe with tile cement around it. Which means to me it would be always possible to retrofit it the 'thai way', just trying to find something better. What would be the challenge of uncleP's way or the rubber coupling? Except for the pvc to crack while I try to enlarge it. Btw what glue do I need to glue pvc/rubber to metal?

The PVC will not crack if you use a paint stripping gun. A rubber coupling would work as long as you can get access to clean it, or change it. Rubber does not do well over here.

4 hours ago, Polarizing said:

Having seen the picture. Does the metal fitting fit inside the plastic pipe? If so then it will not be difficult as silicone to seal the pipes will be enough. If it doesn’t that is more of a problem.

3 hours ago, uncleP said:

The PVC will not crack if you use a paint stripping gun. A rubber coupling would work as long as you can get access to clean it, or change it. Rubber does not do well over here.

You mean a heatgun? Does a torch works the same way?

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Having seen the picture. Does the metal fitting fit inside the plastic pipe? If so then it will not be difficult as silicone to seal the pipes will be enough. If it doesn’t that is more of a problem.

Right now it does not fit, but uncleP said heat it up and stretch it. I saw in some youtube vids and it looks promising, dont know if its really that easy.

Right now it does not fit, but uncleP said heat it up and stretch it. I saw in some youtube vids and it looks promising, dont know if its really that easy.

It is easy if you have a heat gun, you can also overheat the PVC.

I suggest you get some 13.5 in the same size for practice and to create a forming tool. You can stretch the pipe to reduce the OD. You can then use that to stretch the pipe in the floor as long as it is not constricted. Alternatively have you checked the size of a straight junction as that may be even better.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I suggest you get some 13.5 in the same size for practice and to create a forming tool. You can stretch the pipe to reduce the OD. You can then use that to stretch the pipe in the floor as long as it is not constricted. Alternatively have you checked the size of a straight junction as that may be even better.

13.5? OD? what is that?
A straight junction is a connector for pipes is it? Do you have a picture? 

30 minutes ago, Polarizing said:

13.5? OD? what is that?
A straight junction is a connector for pipes is it? Do you have a picture? 

13.5 is the thickest walled PVC pipe available, all 3 thicknesses of PVC have the same O. D. 

And yes a straight junction connects two pipes 

• Like 1