SURVEY: Should prostitution be decriminalized?

Scott

SURVEY: Should prostitution be decriminalized?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BobBKK said:

Never paid eh?  that made me smile it's sooo nice being self-righteous isn't it?  we ALL pay, one way or another dude.

Nothing self-righteous as it's legal in my country and I don't look down up, left or right on people doing it. Just never had an opportunity. Got married at 19 and had my son when I was just 20 yo. Who knows what the future brings. In a relationship you don't pay for sex. I'm talking about paying for the mere service of it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

How old are you exactly?

And who is this .000000000001% ?

You?

You might as well say the whole world is after sex which is a well-known fact.  And you have to pay for sex in one way or another which is also a well-known fact. 

I know Western women who go to India and Africa for sex and then call their partners their "boyfriends" 

All right, most Thai waitresses only want Farang boyfriends in Thailand. 

But in Thailand, you at least get something for your money, while in the West you're only bashed by the #MeToo movement (Western fat cows on Facebook) 

Sorry for the young Western girlie students that now have problems because of their envious "sisters" and mothers in the West. But what can Thailand do if those women even send the police after Western young men, claiming mental health disorders as an excuse? 

I would not hesitate to get any Western woman who comes up with <deleted> like this locked up in a mental asylum - forever. And now they come up and cry "Corona masks are so suicidal!" They should know where the place for suicidal people is: in Germany in a closed mental asylum called "hospital" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

Legalize it.

Make it as safe as possible for all concerned.

Seriously, it's 2020. Time to come out from the dark ages.

It is as safe as safe can be. Every Thai sexworker lady practices safe sex and birth control. 

Just the poor bmigrant freelancing sex workers from neighbouring countries don't, but they're all getting deported anyway. 

I have not yet read other comments so my two satangs worth is not reflective of anything but my own long herald thought concerning the subject as concerns the USA. I believe prostitution and pot, for that matter, should be legalized, regulated and taxed. As to Thailand? That is a matter for Thai citizens to decide. They traditionally have held a much healthier open attitude toward sex, per se. I would add that my outlook in no way approves of forced human trafficking. 

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

this poll further says what I've saying the last 100 years

99.99999999999% of all farangs here are sexpats.  

My ex had a sign on her desk which read, “A woman without a man, is like a fish without a bicycle”. Later she stated She was being discarded like an old shoe ... give me traditionally raised Thai girl ...

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

104 want it

5 say no. 

About 96%.

Interesting. 

Complain a lot thai people not respect them enough. 

Should have easy visa. 

Complain about thai people a lot. 

I think they come first first time for holiday, nice place like Phuket etc.

Hire the sex worker. 

Forget the sex worker only want there money, not there love.

Lonely guy promise to send money from there country. 

The sex worker accept the money. Sure, why not. 

The sex worker work same when they return to the country. But lie. Say sweeet things. Lonely guy think is love.

Then lonely guy say will make house for sex worker. Thai law is must be the sex worker name the chanote/nor sor

sex worker then sell her land she/family already owner to the lonely guy. 

then she need furniture, car, school for her kid, etc etc. 

get married. Pay 500,000 sinsod for sex worker with kids already.

lonely guy decide will live in thailand. Dream be same Phuket everyday, lot of farang, farang food, thai speak English. Will be wonderful.

but, she build the house in Issan village. 

Nobody speak English, no farang food. 

Nobody want be freind with the sexpat.

Lonely guy lonely again, wife play cards, drink and drug with freinds everyday, boring listen to lonely guy complain and complain. 

The man in village lazy to speak with lonely guy= lonely guy will hate thai man.

Lonely guy think all thailand is same the small village in Issan. He expert about “ Thainess” now. 

So he join TVF forum and give advice everyday. 

When the money finish, sex worker will finish with him. For what? She need money. Her job. 

He will cry he scammed. 

She will think he stupid. It was business deal. Not love. 

He will hate all Thai people and culture. 

Lonely again. Lonely and poor. 

Bad decision. 

Maybe is good idea NOT legal sex worker. Safety for the foreigner.

????

I have been to Issan a couple of times, and my Thai gf showed me what "Thainess" really means over there. She also told me right from the beginning I should not expect to be able to buy everything for my money. And she refused to go to bed with any other Farang like me, so lots of Farangs now call her a "crazy lesbian" when in fact she's a hard-working ex - farmer girl. 

I do respect Thai sex workers, even on Coconut Beach in Pattaya. Just to talk about their situation. All sex workers and bar girls I know are actually good single mothers. Some are a bit kinky, but aren't Farangs also? 

I'm not about to judge, but I don't share bigot Western values. Not at all, I never will. The lovely globetrotter Thai lady that picked me up in Pattaya Beach is now busy working again. Yes, she's a globetrotter, but she's still Thai who loves her country and her family. While I never had any family since my mother died. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

My ex had a sign on her desk which read, “A woman without a man, is like a fish without a bicycle”. Later she stated She was being discarded like an old shoe ... give me traditionally raised Thai girl ...

Yes, I know this slogan from Germany, too. Unfortunately I'm not a bicycle for rotten fish to ride. 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Never paid eh?  that made me smile it's sooo nice being self-righteous isn't it?  we ALL pay, one way or another dude.

My ex, previously referred to at one point accused me of using here as a sex object. I retorted that I certainly did not view her as only a sex object but she being female was certainly part the equation and I would never have had entered the relationship without the sexual attraction. Don’t think that cleared things up. I am now being punished by having met a great Thai girl (Yo! Thank you, she is pushing 47 and is still referred to as a girl here).

9 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

My ex, previously referred to at one point accused me of using here as a sex object. I retorted that I certainly did not view her as only a sex object but she being female was certainly part the equation and I would never have had entered the relationship without the sexual attraction. Don’t think that cleared things up. I am now being punished by having met a great Thai girl (Yo! Thank you, she is pushing 47 and is still referred to as a girl here).

My favourite Thai lady is getting 43 next week, and she's never been to bed with another Farang since she met me. 

Still Farang women call her a bargirl prostitute in Germany, and a lesbian because she refused to go to bed with other Farangs. 

That's not respectful behaviour, is it? 

Yinn might only see one side of the coin, but me as a Buddhist globetrotter, I have to see both sides. 

Yinn might be on a mission, but someone told me that Buddhists are not missionaries. 

That leaves open one question :

Yinn, are you Christian? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

104 want it

5 say no. 

About 96%.

Interesting. 

Should have easy visa. 

Hire the sex worker. 

The sex worker work same when they return to the country. But lie. Say sweeet things. Lonely guy think is love.

Then lonely guy say will make house for sex worker. Thai law is must be the sex worker name the chanote/nor sor

lonely guy decide will live in thailand. Dream be same Phuket everyday, lot of farang, farang food, thai speak English. Will be wonderful.

Lonely guy lonely again, wife play cards, drink and drug with freinds everyday, boring listen to lonely guy complain and complain. 

The man in village lazy to speak with lonely guy= lonely guy will hate thai man.

Lonely guy think all thailand is same the small village in Issan. He expert about “ Thainess” now. 

When the money finish, sex worker will finish with him. For what? She need money. Her job. 

He will cry he scammed. 

Bad decision. 

????

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of how the game is played! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

104 want it

5 say no. 

About 96%.

Interesting. 

Should have easy visa. 

Hire the sex worker. 

He will cry he scammed. 

Bad decision. 

????

Entertaining story there Yinn but i think there are not many 'lonely' farang who would build a house in Issan for a bar girl - and how do you know all this?  lol

Question is wrong and can not be usual.

It can be legal only if there is no slavery institution who use the poverty.

That mean:

No boss for prostitute can be legal.

The idea of prostitution is next a deep morality problem it is difficult to said absolutely yes or not. Can we make money with everything ? Is the free world market can be legal due to morality and abuse problem on next step (as we can see from long times ago already) ?

Is there an other one problem around ? Why someone do prostitution ? Do they love sex, all of them ? Or is there an other one problem they have to fix absolutely to survive in a so cruel free market world ?

Ask yourselves the "good" questions first...

These poll culture is absolutely not a democratic way to practice. It is so "closed question tag" that it can not be adapted and intelligent to answer to the poll.

Edited by jerolamo

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Lot of customers on here by the look of it then ????

I am not a customer, I have never needed to use prostitutes, but if I was unattractive and could not

attract girls in the normal way then I would use them.

That is why I always defend them, what they do with their bodies is their business, and no authority has any right to tell them it isn't, as long as no one is forced to do anything against their will, and no underage sex is involved.

2 hours ago, Eibot said:

Nothing self-righteous as it's legal in my country and I don't look down up, left or right on people doing it. Just never had an opportunity. Got married at 19 and had my son when I was just 20 yo. Who knows what the future brings. In a relationship you don't pay for sex. I'm talking about paying for the mere service of it. 

That's okay as long as you get something for it. But German sexworkers want to get paid even after being with you. And then put the blame for their lowlife on you, and the (mostly female) courts on their side. And dare to call their whining "emancipation" 

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not a customer, I have never needed to use prostitutes, but if I was unattractive and could not

attract girls in the normal way then I would use them.

That is why I always defend them, what they do with their bodies is their business, and no authority has any right to tell them it isn't, as long as no one is forced to do anything against their will, and no underage sex is involved.

you have never been poor. That is why you miss-understand how we can be forced by the situation to prostitute ourself to rich money to save our life and the life of our family.

You have never been humiliate by the poverty situation in this curel free market world where so many stupid people show a power they don't have really (but a money) by expensive idiot cars, expensive stupid yachts, etc...

You need more life experiences to speak about this. Hope for you and the humanity you will touch the reality soon and open your eyes on it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

outdated religious attitudes

Unless you are referring to the minority Muslim community or the even smaller Christian community, that statement is incorrect. The 95% Buddhist community is not really a religion, having no God, and tolerates sex workers and believe they can still reach enlightenment.  Cheating people in bars would be a different matter.

1 minute ago, AAArdvark said:

Unless you are referring to the minority Muslim community or the even smaller Christian community, that statement is incorrect. The 95% Buddhist community is not really a religion, having no God, and tolerates sex workers and believe they can still reach enlightenment.  Cheating people in bars would be a different matter.

half true there.

only Chinese modern Buddhism, very modern Buddhism then, accept business for anything.

Buddhism first idea is out of business ideas. No business inside Terravada Buddhism (the first write ideologies of Siddarta Gautama, wrote by Annanda disciple, around 500 years later) temple, can't you see ? This, in some temples, change a bit, but it is not a business but a community charity (who should not exist in the text).

Open your eyes and study a bit around please.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

They don't cheat. They tell the price, keep the contract, and you pay the price. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of how the game is played! 

1) not invisible, thai people like gossip

2) play TVF 1.5 year already

3) David

So funny!!! 

When you do John in Thailand video again?

The mango farm you give your wife. Working hard for that. Lovely guy John in Thailand. Helping community bridge construction etc etc.

very popular.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

this poll further says what I've saying the last 100 years

99.99999999999% of all farangs here are sexpats.  

So we can't have a view on an issue without being judged by you?

Grow up.

I've never tried canabis, but I have a view on it's legality, I'm not a murderer but I have an opinion about the legality of murder.

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1

The simple solution is to build the same system they have in the states.  That little ole chicken ranch. Part timers university students or full time they are regulated provided with health care better than the basic you get here. There are screenings and protection.  Girls make a great amount.  Police know where all the girl ares.

The problem with legalizing it here is not the people but the bar owners. Imagine how much extra work and regulations.

the last item in the poll is misleading, as Thai law does not punish privately selling sex.

street hookers can't be charged with prostitution, since there is no such provision in the criminal code.

then the next question would be what the problem with the current situation actually is. from what I understand, women can legally sell sex if they want and customers can buy.

only advertising and organized prostitution (brothels, special massage salons, etc.) are against the law.

so what would be the reason for decriminalization?

lack of supply or lack of demand?

as I see it, legalization would be bad for both the prostitutes and the customers because legalizing venues would just drive up prices and make just the pimps rich while the women probably wouldn't make more money.

Edited by tgw

I dont see a problem with a woman or man being a prostitute.

Only when the person is forced to do so, then it's wrong.

Like with a pimp, who demands to have at least 10 clients in an hour or so. If not she is banged up. That is a criminal activity.

Like the Russian ladies in Thailand, lured with a job opportunity and then their passport taken to force them in being a prostitute. That is a criminal activity.

If a human decides to do by own free will, what is the problem then? 

If you are married or have gf, you give her stuf (take care of her) and she returns it in having sex with you.

Only with free will (love?) Stop taking care and she stops sex or even stops having sex while you take care of her. If you try to have sex in marriage and she says no, you can be in jail for rape.

We dont make a point when man/woman joins the army and kill people.

We dont make a point when a president is killing, abusing their own people. Then we are all "shocked".  

Same as with the catholic church where kids were sexually abused for many years. For that matter mot only catholics.  

Dont see any problem with prostitutes female or male. Only the criminal way as described . 

How do you see porn stars then? In fact they are prostitutes then aswell, but no the we say porn star. Then there are no problems.

It's a fairly academic question, as we all know there is a huge gulf between the law and what happens in practice.

However I'm wary of making it fully legal as those countries that gone down that avenue tend to end up with a cold and rather sordid scene.

For the same reason I don't frequent bars in the LoS that have girls sporting numbers. The tradition of the 'wife for the night' with no discussion about money or services to be rendered is so much nicer - with a few notes tucked into her back pocket as she kisses you goodbye in the morning..